Rich and Max present the most prestigious awards show in all of sports: The Golden Buckys!
Rich is joined by Jason Galloway to review the 2017 Badgers and take a few minutes to talk about Jason's alma mater.
- 1:00 No Max means no Golden Bucky's
- 2:15 Welcome back Jason Galloway
- 3:15 Was Hornibrook the QB we expected?
- 8:30 Was 2017 Hornibrook better than Stave?
- 10:45 Running Back talk
- 13:00 Groshek going forward
- 15:00 The OL development
- 18:00 WR's ALL THE TALENT!!!
- 22:30 The overlooked DL
- 26:45 ILB and Orr not playing in the Orange Bowl
- 29:00 Are the OLB's products of the system?
- 31:00 Were Nelson and Tindal elite?
- 34:15 Ben in Chicago and who improved the most
- 35:30 Mark in Riverwoods on the Badgers becoming a helmet school
- 37:30 Neal in MN on how Badgers would have done in the Playoff
- 40:00 Rich loves 9 month early Top 25's...
- 43:15 How much better can the offense be?
- 44:15 2018 Badger concerns
- 45:45 Roll Tide Galloway, Roll Tide
The Badgers come home victorious over Miami in the Orange Bowl and Rich and Max look back on a historic 13-1 season.
- 1:30 Max is under the weather
- 3:15 The Talkaround
- 6:00 Was the game unremarkable?
- 12:00 The announcers
- 15:00 Played out the way we thought
- 17:00 The Badgers were/are appropriately ranked
- 19:00 Badger football is as good as ever
- 20:00 Edwards' injury
- 21:30 The Badgers had better athletes than Miami!!!
- 26:15 And Jonathan Taylor is a FR
- 28:45 The turnover chain capper
- 33:15 UR Player of the Game
- 37:00 Big games in the B1G
- 57:00 Off-season episodes
- 59:00 Best Badger season ever?
Rich and Max preview the Badgers' matchup with Miami in the Orange Bowl, discuss the early signing period, and close the show with talk of the Badgers' changes on the coaching staff.
- 1:30 The boys are back and they are over the loss
- 5:30 Breaking promises
- 7:15 The matchup
- 9:00 Talking efficiencies
- 15:30 Shades of 2009
- 17:00 Will the Badger be able to block?
- 19:00 The Miami schedule
- 23:30 The motivation edge
- 26:15 Orange Bowl predictions
- 28:00 The early signing period
- 41:45 Early entrants to the NFL
- 48:30 Transfers... in?
- 51:30 Tibesar to Oregon St
- 55:30 Leonhard isn't gonna be here forever
- 57:15 Peavy graduates
- 59:00 Order from Silly Yak!!!
Rich and Max recap the Badgers 27-21 loss to Ohio State
- 1:00 First time this season discussing a loss
- 3:30 Mrs Buckaround is a jinx
- 6:30 The Talkaround
- 12:30 The game in a sentence
- 24:30 OSU had to play hard to win
- 28:15 The Badger offense
- 35:45 The OL
- 39:00 The OSU pass coverage
- 40:15 Missing Neuville
- 43:00 Did they miss Cephus?
- 52:15 Matty Singer of Whitnall on punting inside the 40
- 56:30 UR Player of the Game (also Rich sings Christmas carols... kinda)
- 1:01:30 The turf! It came up!!!
- 1:05:30 Brock in Heartbreak City on "how hard it is" being a Badger fan
- 1:12:15 Hornibrook's 7 Yard run
The Badgers have finished the regular season 12-0. Rich and Max aren't sure how to handle this at all.
- 1:15 Thanksgiving's highlight side dish
- 3:00 Rich's cooking Pod
- 6:15 A business like win
- 7:00 The Talkaround
- 9:00 The Badgers just finished the regular season undefeated
- 13:30 A capstone game
- 17:30 How is Demry Croft the QB?!?
- 19:30 UM played to lose and not get humiliated... but did anyway
- 27:00 This team will go as far as Hornibrook can take them
- 29:30 Gary in Nevada on favorite TE tidbit
- 32:30 Dave from Brookfield on 2017 UW NOT being 2015 Iowa
- 40:00 UR Player of the Game
- 44:45 Travis in STL on our coaches being raided
- 50:00 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max break down the finer points of Wisconsin's convincing 24-10 win over Michigan
- 2:00 Rich has notes
- 6:45 The Talkaround
- 9:00 #RollerCoasterQB
- 11:15 What is there left to say about this defense?!?
- 20:45 The emergence of Taylor has made James largely irrelevant
- 24:15 Ben in LA on figuring out Chryst
- 30:30 Was this Hornibrook's best game?
- 33:45 JS Jesse on Hornibrook on 3rd down
- 38:30 Keith in Houston on Nelson letting punts roll
- 45:45 Rich LOVES beating Michigan
- 53:00 UR Player of the Game
- 55:45 Who is the best offense the Badgers have played this year?
- 58:45 Why are people talking about OSU in the playoff?
- 1:00:00 Rich basically quotes my twitter tirades about Badger fans being negative and whining
- 1:02:00 Logan Brown come on down
- 1:07:45 Paul in Madison
The Badgers turned in an all time defensive performance against the Iowa Hawkeyes in their 38-14 victory. Rich and Max try to make sense of what this means.
- 2:00 The Dynamic Duo is back
- 6:00 The Talkaround
- 8:15 Was this performance surprising?
- 12:00 The safeties
- 16:00 The Iowa run game
- 17:45 Is the UW front 7 THAT good?
- 19:00 Defensive MVP of the game
- 24:00 Journal Sentinel Jesse on Shaw running outside the tackles
- 29:45 Who was a great RB that had such glaring deficiencies as Taylor? (Guess who brought this up?)
- 32:45 Davis and Pryor are very good football players
- 35:00 Hornibrook had his typical game
- 44:45 Projecting ahead
- 48:45 UR Player of the Game
- 56:45 Big games in the B1G
- 59:45 Who's gonna coach Nebraska?
- 1:03:30 #WhyNotWisconsin
- 1:06:00 This week's game
- 1:10:45 Donde esta Jazz Peavy?
Max (and a super secret guest host!) review the Badgers' win over Indiana plus preview the Badgers' big matchup against Iowa.
- 1:30 Welcome back Nate Cravill
- 4:15 The Talkaround
- 6:15 The Hornibrook pick
- 8:15 Nate takes all of you arm chair QB's to task
- 12:00 Jonathan Taylor Tailback
- 15:15 Iowa Around
- 17:30 Cephus will be missed
- 20:00 Balky on Cephus' timeframe
- 22:00 Ryan from Chicago on waiting for Peavy
- 24:30 The slate ahead
- 27:30 Iowa Around 2.0
- 32:00 The Defense is good
- 37:00 UR Player of the Game
- 41:45 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max share their takeaways from the Badgers 24-10 victory over the Illini in Champaign
- 2:45 If nobody calls you get no Talkaround
- 4:00 Adam from Darlington on Hornibrook
- 5:15 Wherefore art though Jazz Peavy?
- 12:15 Carl in Grayslake on Brandon Williams on Galloway's Pod
- 19:00 Jim in Greendale on waiting for style points and Chryst the pragmatist
- 22:15 Why use the Dieter play there?
- 28:00 Shocker... Rich says they're gonna lose
- 29:00 Illinois minute
- 33:45 UR Players of the Game
- 43:15 Big games in the B1G
Max is joined by F.O.T.S. Jon from Madison to break down the play of the Badger offensive line thus far. LOOK FOR OUR ILLINOIS BREAKDOWN LATER THIS WEEK.
- 2:15 Welcome back Jon from Madison
- 3:00 David Edwards
- 6:00 Tyler Biadasz
- 9:15 What are the keys to getting off the line?
- 12:30 What goes wrong when pass protection breaks down?
- 16:30 Is a healthy Dietzen the best option at LG?
- 19:30 Is the line not getting off double teams quick enough?
- 23:30 How will the line hold up with the best D Lines on the schedule coming up?
- 28:00 Awkward pauses, youth football and behind the scenes with soccer player Max (since REDACTED)
Rich is on his own reviewing the Badgers' 38-13 win over Maryland and handicaps their playoff chances.
- 1:00 Flying solo
- 5:00 Maryland game is the new Purdue game
- 9:15 JTD
- 10:45 This team is gonna get penalized
- 13:30 The best defense since the arrival of Aranda?
- 18:00 Hornibrook is what he is
- 22:30 Zombie Wisconsin
- 24:15 UR Player of the Game
- 30:45 Big games in the B1G
- 35:30 The Prince of Darkness acknowledges the Badgers could make the playoff... and even that is somehow depressing
- 38:15 A John Settle Retweet!!!
Rich and Max spend what is probably too much time breaking down the finer points of Wisconsin's sloppy 17-9 victory over Purdue.
- 2:30 Jumping to the Talkaround
- 6:30 "The 2015 Iowa game... but the Badgers won."
- 8:00 An Iowa minute... or two
- 12:00 Max's All-American
- 14:30 We know what Shaw is
- 19:30 Continued intermittent Hornibrook discussion
- 26:45 Cephus and Davis
- 30:00 The Groshcat (nickname a work in progress)
- 33:15 False starts are the pee in the Cheerios
- 37:00 The Defense...and Rich cheating on Edwards with Jacobs
- 39:45 Richie Worship!!!
- 42:30 UR Players of the Game
- 45:15 Big games in the B1G
- 53:45 Looking to Maryland
Rich and Max discuss the Badger's 38-17 victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers
- 1:15 Everything's working
- 2:00 ... Except Gary Anderson
- 5:00 The Talkaround
- 8:00 These guys are more obsessed with Tanner Lee than Matt Millen
- 11:30 Adam in Darlington on Hornibrook's limitations
- 20:30 Neal on a Badger QB theory
- 26:15 The run game
- 32:45 Impressive performances on D
- 39:30 Where does this CB pairing rank?
- 46:30 UR Player of the Game
- 49:45 Big games in the B1G
- 1:00:00 Graham Mertz... more like MERKTS!!! ROLL CHEESE!!!
- 1:05:45 Outtakes... kind of
Rich and Max discuss the Badgers' enigmatic 33-24 win over Northwestern.
- 1:30 The Badgers. They don't look like they suck.
- 4:15 The tailgate
- 9:15 The Talkaround
- 12:30 A weird game
- 20:00 Was Justin Jackson hurt?
- 21:00 The DB's are good
- 24:45 cutting Hornibrook some slack
- 31:00 Scoreboard Bryn on Stave as this year's QB
- 35:15 The running game... NOT GREAT BOB!!!
- 40:15 UR Players of the Game
- 44:45 Big games in the B1G
- 54:00 Looking towards Lincoln
Rich and Max have done this 200 times. They talk about it. Oh, and look at where the Badgers are heading into the bye week.
- 0:45 Sweet retro intro
- 2:30 Rich's Alexa pays excellent attention
- 5:15 Tyler in Stevens Point on Hornibrook
- 20:00 Newfound WR depth
- 27:00 Ryan in Chicago on Pryor
- 32:15 What's the deal with Peniston?
- 35:15 Lack of Shaw and James
- 44:00 Guys making the leap on the DL
- 46:30 The LB's and questions on the outside
- 49:45 The DB's
- 51:00 Jay in The Good Land on putting things on tape
- 54:00 Jake in Sun Prairie on perception if/when Badgers lose
- 58:15 Steve in Portland on the Buckarounds origins
The Badgers left Provo with a convincing 40-6 statement victory. Rich and Max want to understand why.
- 1:30 The amazing prop bet tracker
- 5:30 A complete performance
- 6:45 The TALKAround
- 10:15 The quarterback play
- 15:00 Mokie in Wrigleyville on The OL
- 19:00 RB's
- 20:45 Did Ingold transfer to NIU?
- 25:00 Prince of Darkness on pace
- 27:30 BYU picking on DCW
- 30:30 BYU seemed poorly coordinated
- 37:00 UR Players of the Game
- 40:45 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max talk through the good and bad of Wisconsins 31-14 win over Florida Atlantic
- 2:15 Straight to the Talkaround
- 5:00 Hornibrook breakdown
- 6:30 Adam in Darlington on Hornibrook's arm strength
- 15:00 Jonathan Taylor Tailback and the run game
- 20:30 Special Teams... Gags not looking Groza watchlist worthy
- 22:45 Defense... Rich has concerns
- 28:00 Balky in Salt Lake on defense and short field
- 30:30 UR Player of the Game
- 39:30 Welcome back Matt Brown of SBNation
- 41:00 QB Taysom... er... Tanner Mangum
- 43:45 The Defense
- 46:15 The impact of the coaching change
- 49:30 How does this game play out?
- 51:00 A quick look at an Ohio State University
- 55:30 Big games in the B1G (Iowa is in conference... Max's loophole) and #Dadlife
- 1:02:00 Looking at the week ahead
Rich and Max examine Wisconsin's dominating if uneven 59-10 victory over the Aggies
In their last show of the offseason Rich and Max go through their (and listener!) bold predictions for the season and analyze the latest news out of fall camp.
- 3:15 Max is a nice guy
- 3:45 This is the last show... before the season
- 6:30 Rich thinks your predictions are weak... or at least not bold
- 11:00 The QB's and the passing game
- 22:15 The running game
- 27:45 The Defense
- 32:00 Season records
- 39:00 Grab Bag/Potpourri
- 47:00 Season thoughts
- 1:01:00 Paul from Madison