The Badgers turned in an all time defensive performance against the Iowa Hawkeyes in their 38-14 victory. Rich and Max try to make sense of what this means.
Max (and a super secret guest host!) review the Badgers' win over Indiana plus preview the Badgers' big matchup against Iowa.
- 1:30 Welcome back Nate Cravill
- 4:15 The Talkaround
- 6:15 The Hornibrook pick
- 8:15 Nate takes all of you arm chair QB's to task
- 12:00 Jonathan Taylor Tailback
- 15:15 Iowa Around
- 17:30 Cephus will be missed
- 20:00 Balky on Cephus' timeframe
- 22:00 Ryan from Chicago on waiting for Peavy
- 24:30 The slate ahead
- 27:30 Iowa Around 2.0
- 32:00 The Defense is good
- 37:00 UR Player of the Game
- 41:45 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max share their takeaways from the Badgers 24-10 victory over the Illini in Champaign
- 2:45 If nobody calls you get no Talkaround
- 4:00 Adam from Darlington on Hornibrook
- 5:15 Wherefore art though Jazz Peavy?
- 12:15 Carl in Grayslake on Brandon Williams on Galloway's Pod
- 19:00 Jim in Greendale on waiting for style points and Chryst the pragmatist
- 22:15 Why use the Dieter play there?
- 28:00 Shocker... Rich says they're gonna lose
- 29:00 Illinois minute
- 33:45 UR Players of the Game
- 43:15 Big games in the B1G
Max is joined by F.O.T.S. Jon from Madison to break down the play of the Badger offensive line thus far. LOOK FOR OUR ILLINOIS BREAKDOWN LATER THIS WEEK.
- 2:15 Welcome back Jon from Madison
- 3:00 David Edwards
- 6:00 Tyler Biadasz
- 9:15 What are the keys to getting off the line?
- 12:30 What goes wrong when pass protection breaks down?
- 16:30 Is a healthy Dietzen the best option at LG?
- 19:30 Is the line not getting off double teams quick enough?
- 23:30 How will the line hold up with the best D Lines on the schedule coming up?
- 28:00 Awkward pauses, youth football and behind the scenes with soccer player Max (since REDACTED)
Rich is on his own reviewing the Badgers' 38-13 win over Maryland and handicaps their playoff chances.
- 1:00 Flying solo
- 5:00 Maryland game is the new Purdue game
- 9:15 JTD
- 10:45 This team is gonna get penalized
- 13:30 The best defense since the arrival of Aranda?
- 18:00 Hornibrook is what he is
- 22:30 Zombie Wisconsin
- 24:15 UR Player of the Game
- 30:45 Big games in the B1G
- 35:30 The Prince of Darkness acknowledges the Badgers could make the playoff... and even that is somehow depressing
- 38:15 A John Settle Retweet!!!
Rich and Max spend what is probably too much time breaking down the finer points of Wisconsin's sloppy 17-9 victory over Purdue.
- 2:30 Jumping to the Talkaround
- 6:30 "The 2015 Iowa game... but the Badgers won."
- 8:00 An Iowa minute... or two
- 12:00 Max's All-American
- 14:30 We know what Shaw is
- 19:30 Continued intermittent Hornibrook discussion
- 26:45 Cephus and Davis
- 30:00 The Groshcat (nickname a work in progress)
- 33:15 False starts are the pee in the Cheerios
- 37:00 The Defense...and Rich cheating on Edwards with Jacobs
- 39:45 Richie Worship!!!
- 42:30 UR Players of the Game
- 45:15 Big games in the B1G
- 53:45 Looking to Maryland
Rich and Max discuss the Badger's 38-17 victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers
- 1:15 Everything's working
- 2:00 ... Except Gary Anderson
- 5:00 The Talkaround
- 8:00 These guys are more obsessed with Tanner Lee than Matt Millen
- 11:30 Adam in Darlington on Hornibrook's limitations
- 20:30 Neal on a Badger QB theory
- 26:15 The run game
- 32:45 Impressive performances on D
- 39:30 Where does this CB pairing rank?
- 46:30 UR Player of the Game
- 49:45 Big games in the B1G
- 1:00:00 Graham Mertz... more like MERKTS!!! ROLL CHEESE!!!
- 1:05:45 Outtakes... kind of
Rich and Max discuss the Badgers' enigmatic 33-24 win over Northwestern.
- 1:30 The Badgers. They don't look like they suck.
- 4:15 The tailgate
- 9:15 The Talkaround
- 12:30 A weird game
- 20:00 Was Justin Jackson hurt?
- 21:00 The DB's are good
- 24:45 cutting Hornibrook some slack
- 31:00 Scoreboard Bryn on Stave as this year's QB
- 35:15 The running game... NOT GREAT BOB!!!
- 40:15 UR Players of the Game
- 44:45 Big games in the B1G
- 54:00 Looking towards Lincoln
Rich and Max have done this 200 times. They talk about it. Oh, and look at where the Badgers are heading into the bye week.
- 0:45 Sweet retro intro
- 2:30 Rich's Alexa pays excellent attention
- 5:15 Tyler in Stevens Point on Hornibrook
- 20:00 Newfound WR depth
- 27:00 Ryan in Chicago on Pryor
- 32:15 What's the deal with Peniston?
- 35:15 Lack of Shaw and James
- 44:00 Guys making the leap on the DL
- 46:30 The LB's and questions on the outside
- 49:45 The DB's
- 51:00 Jay in The Good Land on putting things on tape
- 54:00 Jake in Sun Prairie on perception if/when Badgers lose
- 58:15 Steve in Portland on the Buckarounds origins
The Badgers left Provo with a convincing 40-6 statement victory. Rich and Max want to understand why.
- 1:30 The amazing prop bet tracker
- 5:30 A complete performance
- 6:45 The TALKAround
- 10:15 The quarterback play
- 15:00 Mokie in Wrigleyville on The OL
- 19:00 RB's
- 20:45 Did Ingold transfer to NIU?
- 25:00 Prince of Darkness on pace
- 27:30 BYU picking on DCW
- 30:30 BYU seemed poorly coordinated
- 37:00 UR Players of the Game
- 40:45 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max talk through the good and bad of Wisconsins 31-14 win over Florida Atlantic
- 2:15 Straight to the Talkaround
- 5:00 Hornibrook breakdown
- 6:30 Adam in Darlington on Hornibrook's arm strength
- 15:00 Jonathan Taylor Tailback and the run game
- 20:30 Special Teams... Gags not looking Groza watchlist worthy
- 22:45 Defense... Rich has concerns
- 28:00 Balky in Salt Lake on defense and short field
- 30:30 UR Player of the Game
- 39:30 Welcome back Matt Brown of SBNation
- 41:00 QB Taysom... er... Tanner Mangum
- 43:45 The Defense
- 46:15 The impact of the coaching change
- 49:30 How does this game play out?
- 51:00 A quick look at an Ohio State University
- 55:30 Big games in the B1G (Iowa is in conference... Max's loophole) and #Dadlife
- 1:02:00 Looking at the week ahead
Rich and Max examine Wisconsin's dominating if uneven 59-10 victory over the Aggies
In their last show of the offseason Rich and Max go through their (and listener!) bold predictions for the season and analyze the latest news out of fall camp.
- 3:15 Max is a nice guy
- 3:45 This is the last show... before the season
- 6:30 Rich thinks your predictions are weak... or at least not bold
- 11:00 The QB's and the passing game
- 22:15 The running game
- 27:45 The Defense
- 32:00 Season records
- 39:00 Grab Bag/Potpourri
- 47:00 Season thoughts
- 1:01:00 Paul from Madison
Rich and Max are joined by old friend Space Coyote and answer listener mail that includes challenging some Sacred Cows of Badger Football.
- 1:30 We watched college football
- 5:15 Welcome back Logan Larson aka the Space Coyote
- 6:00 Summing up 2016
- 13:00 Talking RB's
- 17:15 What does the defense look like?
- 21:00 What will be compelling? 2017 outlook?
- 26:00 Slaughtering Badger sacred cows
- 28:00 The Badgers HAVE to be a power offense
- 33:00 A lot of teams in the late 90's and early 2000's are given a pass
- 35:30 If the Badgers do something special it wouldn't be due to Andersen
- 40:00 Actually, Mickie's isn't that great
- 41:45 Dylan in Arlington VA on Ohio St and BYU
- 47:00 CF Badger on what secondary looks like in two years
- 49:15 Adam from Barrington on Jeremy Patterson and his arms
- 51:00 Ben in Chicago on fun rituals/superstitions/quirks
- 56:00 BuckAround tailgate
Rich and Max discuss the state of the Badgers with Jesse Temple of Landof10.com.
- 2:00 Enter the Buckaround props
- 5:30 Welcome back Jesse Temple of Landof10.com
- 6:15 Are the Badgers the most boring team of the last decade to study?
- 9:15 Jesse's sense of the team in a post-two a day world
- 11:30 Rich passes off Schaff's Hornibrook O/U's as a fake line
- 13:45 Handicapping the backup QB race
- 17:45 Did Deal really have a chance to start?
- 20:00 Where do Ibrahim and Taylor fit?
- 21:30 Is the O Line worth the hype?
- 24:30 Is Cepheus > Wheelwright?
- 27:00 How will the D Line shake out?
- 31:15 Is there something interesting at LB?
- 35:15 The Nickel Back race
- 36:45 No chance of a 3 Safety set?
- 37:45 Breakout freshman?
- 39:15 Shocker... Rich wants to know what could go wrong?
- 43:00 Request for bold predictions
They're back! Rich and Max are joined by F.O.T.S (you figure it out) Andy Schaaf for the 2017 version of the prop bet competition. John Settle Veterans Day thoughts? Mike Lucas tweets? It's all here and more. Come have a listen.
Google Doc Link to the prop bet entry form (If you're having trouble seeing the table below in mobile)
With Max away Rich is joined by Show Lackey Steven to talk Badger camp plus previews Maryland with Lamar Johnson of Testudo Times
- 1:00 Max is missing
- 2:15 Welcome Lamar Johnson of Testudo Times
- 2:45 With the Recruiting and the bowl was 2016 a success?
- 3:45 What was the biggest step forward?
- 4:30 What will the offense look like?
- 6:45 Will it be similar to Harbaugh?
- 7:30 What kind of performance can the D turn in?
- 10:00 How will 2017 play out?
- 11:30 What can Durkin do long term at Maryland?
- 13:30 It me. Show Lackey Steve
- 15:00 Why Lambeau? Why not Camp Randall?
- 22:00 Cichy's season ending injury
- 29:45 Steve rambles
- 30:30 What to make of the RB battle?
- 33:30 Is this the tipping point for Deal?
- 36:00 Nickelback... no, nickel back and the battle there
- 38:30 Why doesn't Cain know the signals?
- 40:00 The kick returners
- 43:15 Will Wheelwright's replacement have the same impact?
- 45:00 Rand Back to DT
- 48:45 PLAYOFFS?!? You want to talk PLAYOFFS?!?
- 51:30 Housekeeping
- 57:15 Paul from Madison
Rich and Max talk about the latest developments in camp plus answer some listener mail
- 2:00 Paul Chryst's boring monolith
- 3:45 The guys got to... at least talk about... camp
- 5:15 Running Backs
- 11:00 Leon Jacobs likes to work out
- 16:00 Tom on the train on keys to success/failure
- 25:00 Ben in Chicago on underperformance
- 31:00 Ballky in SLC on All Badger Team and
- 36:30 Brian in Ogg on Twilight starring Barry Alvarez
- 47:45 Upcoming schedule
Rich and Max are joined by Mike'l Severe to preview Nebraska and then discuss what they're watching for as the Badgers open fall camp.
- 2:00 Welcome back Mike'l Severe of The Bottom Line on Omaha.com
- 2:45 Was the 2016 team much better than the 2015 team?
- 4:15 What to expect on offense?
- 5:45 is this the best OL that Riley has had?
- 7:45 Morgan and the WR core
- 11:30 Will the switch to 3-4 be a step in the right direction?
- 15:30 How will 2017 play out?
- 17:30 What if Scott Frost wins 10 games at UCF?
- 22:00 Run the dang ball Riley
- 27:30 Chryst press conference
- 28:15 Max brags about his self restraint... then totally succumbs to it
- 29:00 Weight changes
- 48:30 Deiter to LT. Biadasz ready for prime time?
Rich and Max preview the Hoosiers with Sammy Jacobs of Hoosier Huddle and answer listener mail
- 2:00 It's been a long time since UW played Indiana
- 3:15 Welcome Sammy Jacobs of Hoosier Huddle
- 3:45 What happened with Kevin Wilson?
- 7:15 What will be different on offense?
- 9:45 How will personnel match scheme?
- 11:00 Is the OL good?
- 12:45 Will the D sustain their success from 16?
- 15:30 What will make the Hoosiers fun to watch?
- 18:00 Where is Indiana football headed?
- 20:15 What to expect in 2017
- 25:00 The part where Rich starts to be negative
- 27:30 Steve from Portland on QB concerns
- 32:45 Ben in Chicago on the secondary's weak link
- 36:00 Bob from Oregon quality guests and the OL
- 40:00 Tyler in Stevens Point
- 47:15 Travis on St Louis on a spouse views of the show
- 52:30 Paul in Madison