Rich and Max break down the Badger's 17-9 victory over Iowa and look ahead to the matchup with Nebraska.
Should Badger fans be happy after Wisconsin's 30-23 overtime loss to the Buckeyes? Rich and Max think they should.
- 1:45 Rich is an old man
- 5:30 Voicemails
- 11:00 Why did the Badgers lose?
- 16:00 The margin for error
- 17:45 D'Cota Dixon is the new Hillary
- 19:00 The defense is ALMOST elite
- 22:00 Hornibrook's performance
- 27:00 The Offensive Line
- 34:00 Jared from WauKe$ha has he'd enough with the moral victories
- 35:00 Grant from Winona on the future being bright
- 44:00 UR Player of the Game
- 49:15 Big games in the B1G
- 54:15 Are the Badgers better than Team X?
Madison.com's Jason Galloway discusses what he's seen of the Badgers 5 games into the season and looks ahead to the Ohio State matchup.
- 2:00 Max is celebrating his anniversary... By podcasting for us
- 6:15 Welcome back Jason Galloway of the WSJ
- 7:00 A QB position discussion
- 10:30 Hornibrook's UM game performance
- 12:45 Tom in SF on playing Houston again
- 14:45 The OL
- 20:00 Missing old Dare
- 21:45 Is Clement healthy?
- 24:00 Why not play the FR WR's against Michigan?
- 26:00 George Rushing's performance
- 27:15 The defenses performance versus expectations
- 30:45 Alec James and Chikwe Obasih
- 32:30 Jason's UR Player of the first half
- 34:00 Let's talk punters
- 37:00 Is the team okay with the QB switch?
- 39:15 Watson in Wrigleyville on injuries under Chryst
- 48:30 Grant from Winona on where a Badger win vs OSU would rank
- 50:30 Max turns it into an Iowa mention
- 51:15 OSU game predictions
Rich is laid low by influenza so Max is joined by Arman Belding to break down the Michigan loss and Week 5 in the B1G.
- 1:15 YouTube Master Arman Belding joins the show
- 3:45 Immediate reactions
- 16:30 WiscoInferno on play calling
- 26:30 TJ in Phoenix on Hornibrook not being ready
- 31:30 Jesse in LaCrosse on Clement not showing up
- 45:30 UR Player of the Game
- 51:00 Big picture in the B1G
- 53:45 This is where you expect Iowa talk.
- 1:00:00 Looking ahead to an Ohio State University
The Badgers are 4-0. The Badgers are 4-0? THE BADGERS ARE 4-0!!! Rich and Max get together to discuss Wisconsin's strong start to the season and what it means for the future.
- 2:00 Dads first
- 3:45 The voicemails
- 6:30 Surprisingly chippy
- 10:45 What is Alex Hornibrook?
- 14:15 Brinn from the Scoreboard on the QB switch
- 18:00 Riverboat Chryst
- 19:00 See www.Buckaround.com for Dan from DC on fourth downs
- 25:00 Brett Connors and the DL
- 29:45 The drive at the end of the first half
- 32:30 Why were the starters in so long?
- 34:30 Even Rich can't be negative about the defense
- 36:30 Paper Tigers
- 39:00 Jared from WauKe$ha on the defense in the next two games
- 44:00 Leon Jacobs played a lot
- 47:45 UR Player of the Game
- 57:00 Big Games in the B1G
- 59:00 THERE IS A TEAM MAX DOESN'T LIKE!!!
The Badgers finished the non-conference schedule 3-0. Rich and Max look at where the team is as they enter a tough stretch of conference games.
- 2:00 What to make of the switch to Hornibrook
- 15:30 Which RB's will play?
- 18:00 A closer look at Hornibrook
- 19:30 Jeremy from Green Bay on missing Jamerson
- 24:30 Big games in the B1G... Sort of
- 26:30 Max says North Dakota St could even beat Northern Illinois (and the rest of the MAC)
- 41:15 Balky from Salt Lake City on Wheelwright comparisons
The Badgers got to 3-0, but the 23-17 victory was certainly too close for comfort for most as Wisconsin squeaked by one of the weakest programs in the FBS. Rich and Max share what they learned in what was a far tenser contest than anyone imagined.
- 1:15 So fresh and so clean
- 3:30 The voicemails
- 8:00 Chryst's best coaching job?
- 17:30 The Lance Smith highlight reel
- 20:00 Dare
- 25:45 Houston had a problem (This count Schaaf)
- 30:15 TJ Edwards is good
- 32:15 JS Jesse on a safety hypothetical
- 34:15 Scott from Twitter on Dixon's tackling
- 38:15 UR Player of the Game
- 40:30 Takeaways (Max quietly acknowledges Iowa's loss)
With the Badgers 2-0, Rich and Max return to analyze the 54-10 domination of the Akron Zips. They look at what more can be learned from the team 2 games into the season as well as give their thoughts on some of the younger players who saw time in the 2nd half.
- 2:00 Max makes Stevie Miller sound like Bill Brasky
- 5:45 Fifty something to Ten
- 8:45 Why Olive as fullback?
- 11:15 Clement overworked?
- 15:00 Bradrick Shaw reminiscent of Lance Smith
- 19:15 Are the WR's better than we thought?
- 20:00 Hefty from Brahm on Wheelwright as a poor man's Chris Chambers
- 25:15 The Fr WR's
- 29:30 The Houston voicemails
- 37:45 What to make of James and Obasih?
- 41:45 Is anyone on D playing better than Tindal?
- 47:00 UR Player of the Game
- 53:00 Big games in the B1G
- 1:01:00 Rich tries to one up my 2017 CFB playoff prediction
Rich and Max review the Badgers thrilling victory over LSU as well as the bigger games in conference and carve out some time to talk about Kirk Ferentz's new contract at Iowa
1:30 Rich is Joan Rivers
5:30 The Voicemails
9:15 Wisconsin's defense was VERY good
11:00 Who surprised on D?
16:45 The LB's (Speedy recovery to Orr)
19:00 The Offensive Line
25:15 Are the WR's just some guys?
29:15 Tyler on Houston vs Stave and Mental vs Physical errors
36:30 How big of a win was this?
39:45 Season expectations
45:30 UR Player of the Game
50:00 There were other B1G games
59:00 KIRK FERENTZ WAS EXTENDED AND IT IS HILARIOUS!!!
Jesse Temple returns to the BuckAround to discuss the Badgers as they head into the season opener with LSU.
2:00 Two guys in their pajamas eating buttered fish
4:30 Welcome back Jesse Temple of ESPN
4:45 Was the QB race as close as we think?
6:45 Can Houston match Stave's first year?
8:45 Will Hornibrook play vs LSU?
10:15 Comparing Bart and Alex
12:15 Corey's Sr year
14:00 Are the RB's as a whole improved?
15:30 The OL will be improved?
18:30 The WR depth
21:00 The LB's will be a strength
25:15 Breakout candidates
26:30 Special Teams
28:45 Will this Badger team make a bowl?
31:00 Jesse wrote a book! Rich read it! Max ate buttered fish!
33:30 What Jesse learned
36:45 Wisconsin is a boxing school
41:45 Confidence levels
Rich and Max are joined by Ross Dellenger to preview the season opener with LSU. They close out the show discussing Dan Voltz's retirement, Bart Houston being named starting quarterback, and the release of the Badgers' depth chart.
1:15 It's Friday night... These party animals are podcasting
4:00 Welcome back Ross Dellenger of The Advocate
4:15 So... Leonard Fournette... Is he good? Is he healthy?
5:45 The other RB's
6:45 What kind of QB is Brandon Harris?
8:15 Does WR depth matter?
10:30 How will the OL holdup with the turnover?
12:15 What impact will injuries have on the DL?
15:00 Will the defense be more of a base 3-4?
17:15 Key-ing in on the LB's (sorry...)
18:45 What did Arkansas do vs LSU in 2015?
21:00 What UW weakness will LSU try to exploit?
22:30 How will this matchup play out?
26:30 Prop Bet CONTROVERSY!!!
32:30 Dan Voltz's retirement and OL attrition
37:15 Bart Houston... Starting QB
38:45 The punting (and other positions) depth chart
Ramzy Nasrallah of ElevenWarriors.com joins the show to preview the final conference team on the Badgers' schedule. Rich and Max then close the show with some camp talk and listener mail. The season is almost here!
- 1:00 Your lovely and delightful hosts
- 3:30 Welcome Ramzy Nasrallah of ElevenWarriors.com
- 3:45 Last season a missed opportunity?
- 7:30 How much does Meyer carryover from 2015 to 2016?
- 9:30 JT Barrett as the leader
- 11:15 How much of Elliot can be replaced?
- 14:30 How will WR shake out?
- 16:30 How is the DL still loaded?
- 18:45 Raekwon McMillan and the LB's
- 20:45 Reloading the secondary
- 22:30 Schiano as the new DC
- 23:30 Is missing the playoff a disappointment?
- 25:30 What can derail Urban Meyer?
- 32:30 Who will be worse than expected?
- 42:45 Camp thoughts
- 49:00 Leftover bold predictions
- 54:30 Dylan in Virginia on Aranda being overrated
- 59:30 Jared from WauKe$ha on a name change
- 1:04:30 Rich challenges the listeners
Andy Schaaf returns to the podcast to host the annual prop bet competition. Aside form various statistical measures, Andy gauges the hosts' feelings about Paul Chryst's attire, John Settle's Twitter account (of course!), and which reserve player Dave Heller will hyperfocus on in 2016.
- 1:15 Max's advantage
- 2:15 Welcome, the one the only Andy Schaaf
- 5:45 There are prizes!!! Well... A prize
- 7:30 QB starter for first game (Both Houston)
- 8:00 QB starter for last game (Both Hornibrook)
- 10:00 Over/Under total TD passes (Both Over)
- 12:00 Over/Under total passing yards 2350 (R Under M Over)
- 15:30 Over/Under Receptions by FR WR's (R Under M Over)
- 18:30 Over/Under George Rushing receiving yards 300 (Both Under)
- 20:15 Over/Under TE Catches 45.5 (Both Under)
- 21:30 Over/Under David Edwards receptions .5 (R Under M Over)
- 22:45 Total rushing yards Clement or Field (R Clement M Field)
- 24:30 Over/Under Yards Per Carry 4.8 (R Over M Under)
- 27:00 Over/Under WR rushing yards 145 (R Under M Over)
- 29:00 Over/Under Dan Voltz starts 6 (Both Over)
- 30:15 More INT's CB's or Safeties (R Safeties M CB's)
- 31:45 Most Tackles (R TJ Edwards M Orr)
- 33:30 Over/Under Defensive Points per Game Allowed 20.5 (R Over M Under)
- 35:15 Over/Under Yards per Punt 39.67 (Both Over)
- 35:45 Over/Under punt attempts inside opponents 40 7.5(Both Under)
- 38:15 Special teams TD? (Both Yes)
- 39:00 Over/Under Top 25 Wins 1.5 (Both Over)
- 41:15 Antonio Williams TD vs Badgers (R No M Yes)
- 42:45 Chryst hat versus LSU Red or White? (Both Red)
- 45:45 Will UW wear an alternate uni? (R No M Yes)
- 46:45 Non QB pass? (R No M Yes)
- 47:45 Over/Under Dave Heller tweets mentioning Jeremy Patterson 6.5 (R Over M Under)
- 49:30 Over/Under John Settle tweets 2.5 (R Over M Under)
The listener-driven preseason bold predictions segment returns for another season. This year it focuses on the bigger names on defense, the offensive line, and the Badgers' record against top tier opponents.
- 2:00 Bold Prediction show
- 5:00 The passing game
- 12:45 Vince Biegel
- 16:00 Sojourn Shelton and the secondary
- 29:15 Offensive Line and the ground game
- 33:30 Records and Wins/Losses
- 41:15 Potpourri/Trolling
Rich and Max are joined by Ace Anbender of MGoBlog.com to take a look at the Michigan Wolverines. They then wrap up the show with some listener mail and talk about what was seen and heard at today's open scrimmage.
- 2:00 Max makes technology hard
- 3:00 Welcome Ace Anbender of MGoBlog.com
- 3:15 2015 was a success
- 4:45 The battle at QB
- 8:45 RB and depth
- 10:30 Is the OL ready to take the next step?
- 18:00 Talking Taco and the DL
- 20:30 Peppers and the LB's
- 23:00 Dominating the offseason storylines
- 25:30 The B1G East goes through Ann Arbor
- 29:00 Silly Yak has a sister store! www.thebreadbarn.com
- 32:00 The Badger scrimmage
- 33:45 Wheelwright sitting out practice and being challenged
- 35:00 The freshmen WR's
- 38:00 Jake from Sun Prairie on the QB's maybe not developing
- 42:00 TJ in Phoenix on the apparel request
Fall camp is here! Rich and Max go through thoughts and expectations, offering their thoughts on what a successful preseason should look like.
- 2:30 Send us your bold predictions! Or call them in!
- 4:00 Things the hosts are excited about
- 5:00 Max: How the secondary takes shape
- 8:30 Rich: Houston locking down the QB position
- 10:45 Max: Chryst-y type things
- 18:30 Rich: Is there a plus athlete on the defense?
- 23:00 What freshmen will get playing time?
- 23:45 Rich: Is Bradrick Shaw for real?
- 27:00 Estes and Sanders not on the 105 man roster
- 29:15 Ty DeForest transfers to Illinois St
- 31:00 Clarifying Dixon's weight loss
- 31:45 Voltz at OG
- 34:15 Uniform talk
- 35:30 Seriously. Bold predictions. Send them.
- 36:30 Witty repartee
Rich and Max are joined by Mike'l Severe of The Bottom Line on Omaha.com to discuss the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Rich and Max then finish the show with some listener feedback on their depth analysis, realistic expectations for the Badgers year to year, and if there will be more BuckAround shirts in the future.
- 1:30 Like Limp Bizkit, Rich and Max "Keep Rollin' "
- 4:00 Welcome back Mike'l Severe of The Bottom Line
- 4:45 Factors behind a poor 2015
- 6:00 Close losses
- 7:30 Tommie Armstrong's ceiling
- 8:45 Best WR group in the B1G?
- 10:00 Top 3 rushing attack in B1G?
- 11:15 Is Newby an every down back?
- 13:00 Is the OL the limiting factor for the offense?
- 14:45 Heavy losses on the DL
- 17:00 Experience and depth at LB
- 18:30 Riley's ceiling/fit at Nebraska
- 21:00 How will 2016 shake out?
- 24:30 Matt from Waukesha on flattery and favorite episodes
- 30:00 Northern Illinois CB's
- 30:15 Jack from Oslo, Norway on more Buckaround apparel
- 34:00 Someone driving a truck owes me a beer
- 35:30 ... And a reminder l owe Kyle one
- 36:15 Travis from STL on the RB grade
- 41:15 Travis from STL on the QB situation (IOWA MENTIONS)
- 46:15 Travis from STL on UM hype
- 49:45 Tookie Monster on realistic expectations
- 1:00:00 Bold prediction show prep... Send your predictions!
Max hosts solo this week and tackles the subject he can never talk about enough: Iowa! He's joined by Marc Morehouse of the Cedar Rapids Gazette to look back at Iowa's 12-2 season and see what is in store for Iowa in 2016.
- 1:30 Max is flying solo for Hawkeyearound
- 1:45 Welcome back Marc Morehouse of the Cedar Rapids Gazette
- 3:30 Recapping Iowa's 2015
- 6:45 Why the different mentality in 2015
- 8:30 Advanced stats blind spots?
- 11:15 Parallels between 2015 and other great Iowa years
- 13:45 B1G Championship recap
- 18:00 What is CJ Beathards ceiling?
- 21:30 The pass catchers
- 24:15 Experience back on the OL
- 27:00 The running game
- 29:00 The front seven
- 32:00 The secondary
- 34:00 Special teams
- 36:15 Outlook for 2016
- 38:15 Shots fired... At Purdue
- 41:45 Sustainability
- 44:15 Max, like all Badger fans, wishes Iowa sustained success
- 44:00 Marc, in turn, brings up 59-0
- 45:45 Max acknowledges we will mock him for UW being his 4th favorite team
- 47:45 The B1G landscape
Rich is joined by Chris Vannini of CoachingSearch.com and The Only Colors podcast to preview the Michigan State Spartans. Rich also discusses the updated fall roster and what can be inferred from weight gains/losses over the past year.
- 1:15 You see me Rollin'... Rollin' solo
- 3:00 Chris Vannini of coaching search.com
- 3:30 Reviewing the 2015 Spartans
- 6:15 The QB battle
- 8:15 How much does losing Cook hurt?
- 10:00 How will RB's be handled?
- 12:30 The line loses a pair of Jacks
- 14:00 Is there depth at DL?
- 17:00 Are there ANY concerns in back 7?
- 23:00 How does 2016 play out?
- 25:30 The Badger vs Sparty rivalry
- 29:15 Roster tidbits
- 32:30 The incredibly shrinking Kevin Estes
- 37:30 The incoming Freshmen
- 43:15 TJ Edwards and his foot
Mark Primiano of the Champaign room returns to discuss the Fighting Illini and Rich and Max finish up their positional depth discussion with the defense.
- 1:45 An action packed show
- 3:00 Welcome back Mark Primiano of Champaign Room
- 3:45 Thoughts on Josh Whitman and Lovie Smith
- 9:30 Why couldn't Whitman wait a year?
- 11:30 The Cover 2 in college
- 13:45 Wes Lunt
- 16:15 Will this be more of a run first offense?
- 20:30 How will the DL shape up?
- 23:15 Will there be major issues at LB?
- 25:15 Barton and the DB's
- 26:30 Max declares Illini are going bowling!!!
- 32:15 Illinois is the love child of Iowa and Northern Illinois
- 34:00 The Defensive depth and projection grades
- 34:15 Defensive End
- 39:00 Nose Tackle
- 44:30 Inside Linebacker
- 50:45 Outside Linebacker
- 56:00 Cornerback featuring Serge Trezy
- 1:03:00 Safety