Jason Galloway joins the podcast to give his thoughts at the conclusion of spring practice.
The Badgers canceled the spring game. Rich and Max still talked about Spring Football
- 1:15 they got the weather talk out of the way off line
- 3:00 A call for spring practice questions
- 4:30 The schools attitude towards canceling the spring game
- 6:45 Travis in STL on Cruikshank staying healthy
- 15:00 The DL... a collection of candidates
- 18:45 Sam Brodner as a FB is big in Connecticut
- 25:00 Max goes hyperbolic on the offense
- 33:00 Buckaround recommends (other) podcasts
Rich and Max take stock of a spring practice with minimal drama and little intrigue. How do you make this interesting?
- 1:15 I'm Rich and l'm here with my dying co-host Max
- 4:00 No QB controversy means no drama
- 9:45 South Jersey Pete on the Deal with Taiwan
- 14:30 Steve in NY on Taiwan Deal's flabby guns
- 15:45 Tom on the Train on where Farrar's role this year
- 20:15 Rich is getting what he wanted at DB
- 22:45 The injury list
- 24:30 Will there be a 50-50 run-pass play call this year?
- 27:30 The Spring Game
- 35:00 Kyle's closing the doors. Go say hi!!
Rich and Max look at what can be learned about the Badgers as they head into another spring practice.
- 1:30 The biggest of Rich's many podcast mistakes
- 4:45 Into the Paul Jackson weeds
- 9:15 The players NOT participating
- 12:00 Missing from the roster
- 14:00 Weight changes
- 18:00 The freshman
- 21:30 Things to watch in spring
- 22:00 Taiwan Deal
- 23:30 Cornerback... wherein Faion Hicks may be the new Hillary
- 26:45 How TE shakes out
- 27:45 The DL
- 30:15 Seperating Hornibrook and Coan
- 35:00 Listener questions
- 35:15 Adam in Kenosha on FR playing early
- 36:30 Matt in MKE on surprise starters
- 39:00 Ryan in Chicago on Bell moving to DE
- 42:00 Thanks to Eric. HTML scraper extraordinaire
Rich and Max examine the future of the Badger defense.
- 3:30 Diving into the defense
- 6:00 DE... zero career starts
- 19:15 We take you live to the Hawkeyearound
- 20:30 NT... lots of recent misses
- 27:30 ILB... not so fast Arrington
- 36:15 OLB... Van Ginkel is coming to steal your goats
- 43:15 CB... young and inexperienced
- 52:15 Safety... let's check back in with the Hawkeyearound
- 59:15 The specialists
It's time to turn the page to 2018 as Rich and Max give their thoughts on what the offense will look like in 2018.
- 2:45 Turning the page to 2018
- 5:00 To answer their question: In 17 they didn't give future grades or even current grades
- 8:00 QB Hornibrook is our quarterback
- 18:15 RB and depth behind Taylor
- 32:15 FB... there's only two on the roster
- 36:30 WR... boringly awesome
- 44:45 TE... a little bit of shakeup?
- 52:00 OL... there is some depth here
- 1:06:45 Mertz collecting all the offers
Evan Flood returns to the BuckAround to break down the Badgers' latest signing class and look ahead at what is in store on the recruiting trail in 2019.
- 2:00 Slow signing day
- 4:00 Welcome back Evan Flood of 247
- 4:45 Noticeable changes at CB
- 7:30 Max forgets the name Wildgoose somehow
- 9:30 Kyle in Silver Springs on Florida recruiting
- 11:45 The impact of the early signing period on Bucky
- 14:30 The 2018 recruiting strategies
- 17:00 Utilizing Cruickshank
- 19:00 Ben in Chicago on a Sanborn comp
- 21:00 Bryson Williams playing this year?
- 23:00 Will Nakia Watson play early?
- 25:30 Tom on the Train on UW's offense helping recruit OL
- 27:00 2019 recruiting off to a great start
- 29:30 Does Mertz stick with UW
- 31:45 Beating UM and Bama for Logan Brown
- 33:00 Will this be the Badgers best class ever?
- 35:00 Max is bullish on Badger recruiting
- 38:15 Rich is cautiously optimistic
(Those two stamps sum up the whole history of the Pod)
- 44:30 Looking back at the 2013 recruiting class
- 56:45 Upcoming shows
Rich and Max present the most prestigious awards show in all of sports: The Golden Buckys!
- 1:30 Max couldn't hear Rich in the first attempt at this ep (seems ideal), but fixed now
- 4:30 Your 2017 Golden Bucky's
- 5:30 Most Outstanding Player M: J Taylor R: TJ Edwards
- 8:30 Offensive MVP M: Hornibrook R: D Davis
- 12:00 Deffensive MVP M: TJ Edwards R: Nelson
- 14:00 Most Improved M: Van Ginkel R: Cephus
- 17:00 Unsung Hero M: Sheehy R: Jamerson
- 20:15 Biggest Underperformer M: Peavy R: Peavy
- 21:30 Ray Ball Award Both: Rushing
- 25:45 Freshman of the Year Both: J Taylor
- 26:15 Future Star Both AND me: Danny MFing Davis lll
- 29:15 Worst Game M: B1G Title Game R: Illinois
- 32:45 Play of the Year M: Van Ginkel's picks R: AJ Taylor catch vs UM
- 36:00 Game of the Year M: Minnesota R: Orange Bowl
- 42:00 Coach of the Year M: Settle R: Gilmore
- 46:00 Dave in Brookfield on meme of 2017 season
- 50:30 Mark in Riverwoods, IL on people disrespecting Badgers
- 59:30 Evan Flood next episode
Rich is joined by Jason Galloway to review the 2017 Badgers and take a few minutes to talk about Jason's alma mater.
- 1:00 No Max means no Golden Bucky's
- 2:15 Welcome back Jason Galloway
- 3:15 Was Hornibrook the QB we expected?
- 8:30 Was 2017 Hornibrook better than Stave?
- 10:45 Running Back talk
- 13:00 Groshek going forward
- 15:00 The OL development
- 18:00 WR's ALL THE TALENT!!!
- 22:30 The overlooked DL
- 26:45 ILB and Orr not playing in the Orange Bowl
- 29:00 Are the OLB's products of the system?
- 31:00 Were Nelson and Tindal elite?
- 34:15 Ben in Chicago and who improved the most
- 35:30 Mark in Riverwoods on the Badgers becoming a helmet school
- 37:30 Neal in MN on how Badgers would have done in the Playoff
- 40:00 Rich loves 9 month early Top 25's...
- 43:15 How much better can the offense be?
- 44:15 2018 Badger concerns
- 45:45 Roll Tide Galloway, Roll Tide
The Badgers come home victorious over Miami in the Orange Bowl and Rich and Max look back on a historic 13-1 season.
- 1:30 Max is under the weather
- 3:15 The Talkaround
- 6:00 Was the game unremarkable?
- 12:00 The announcers
- 15:00 Played out the way we thought
- 17:00 The Badgers were/are appropriately ranked
- 19:00 Badger football is as good as ever
- 20:00 Edwards' injury
- 21:30 The Badgers had better athletes than Miami!!!
- 26:15 And Jonathan Taylor is a FR
- 28:45 The turnover chain capper
- 33:15 UR Player of the Game
- 37:00 Big games in the B1G
- 57:00 Off-season episodes
- 59:00 Best Badger season ever?
Rich and Max preview the Badgers' matchup with Miami in the Orange Bowl, discuss the early signing period, and close the show with talk of the Badgers' changes on the coaching staff.
- 1:30 The boys are back and they are over the loss
- 5:30 Breaking promises
- 7:15 The matchup
- 9:00 Talking efficiencies
- 15:30 Shades of 2009
- 17:00 Will the Badger be able to block?
- 19:00 The Miami schedule
- 23:30 The motivation edge
- 26:15 Orange Bowl predictions
- 28:00 The early signing period
- 41:45 Early entrants to the NFL
- 48:30 Transfers... in?
- 51:30 Tibesar to Oregon St
- 55:30 Leonhard isn't gonna be here forever
- 57:15 Peavy graduates
- 59:00 Order from Silly Yak!!!
Rich and Max recap the Badgers 27-21 loss to Ohio State
- 1:00 First time this season discussing a loss
- 3:30 Mrs Buckaround is a jinx
- 6:30 The Talkaround
- 12:30 The game in a sentence
- 24:30 OSU had to play hard to win
- 28:15 The Badger offense
- 35:45 The OL
- 39:00 The OSU pass coverage
- 40:15 Missing Neuville
- 43:00 Did they miss Cephus?
- 52:15 Matty Singer of Whitnall on punting inside the 40
- 56:30 UR Player of the Game (also Rich sings Christmas carols... kinda)
- 1:01:30 The turf! It came up!!!
- 1:05:30 Brock in Heartbreak City on "how hard it is" being a Badger fan
- 1:12:15 Hornibrook's 7 Yard run
The Badgers have finished the regular season 12-0. Rich and Max aren't sure how to handle this at all.
- 1:15 Thanksgiving's highlight side dish
- 3:00 Rich's cooking Pod
- 6:15 A business like win
- 7:00 The Talkaround
- 9:00 The Badgers just finished the regular season undefeated
- 13:30 A capstone game
- 17:30 How is Demry Croft the QB?!?
- 19:30 UM played to lose and not get humiliated... but did anyway
- 27:00 This team will go as far as Hornibrook can take them
- 29:30 Gary in Nevada on favorite TE tidbit
- 32:30 Dave from Brookfield on 2017 UW NOT being 2015 Iowa
- 40:00 UR Player of the Game
- 44:45 Travis in STL on our coaches being raided
- 50:00 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max break down the finer points of Wisconsin's convincing 24-10 win over Michigan
- 2:00 Rich has notes
- 6:45 The Talkaround
- 9:00 #RollerCoasterQB
- 11:15 What is there left to say about this defense?!?
- 20:45 The emergence of Taylor has made James largely irrelevant
- 24:15 Ben in LA on figuring out Chryst
- 30:30 Was this Hornibrook's best game?
- 33:45 JS Jesse on Hornibrook on 3rd down
- 38:30 Keith in Houston on Nelson letting punts roll
- 45:45 Rich LOVES beating Michigan
- 53:00 UR Player of the Game
- 55:45 Who is the best offense the Badgers have played this year?
- 58:45 Why are people talking about OSU in the playoff?
- 1:00:00 Rich basically quotes my twitter tirades about Badger fans being negative and whining
- 1:02:00 Logan Brown come on down
- 1:07:45 Paul in Madison
The Badgers turned in an all time defensive performance against the Iowa Hawkeyes in their 38-14 victory. Rich and Max try to make sense of what this means.
- 2:00 The Dynamic Duo is back
- 6:00 The Talkaround
- 8:15 Was this performance surprising?
- 12:00 The safeties
- 16:00 The Iowa run game
- 17:45 Is the UW front 7 THAT good?
- 19:00 Defensive MVP of the game
- 24:00 Journal Sentinel Jesse on Shaw running outside the tackles
- 29:45 Who was a great RB that had such glaring deficiencies as Taylor? (Guess who brought this up?)
- 32:45 Davis and Pryor are very good football players
- 35:00 Hornibrook had his typical game
- 44:45 Projecting ahead
- 48:45 UR Player of the Game
- 56:45 Big games in the B1G
- 59:45 Who's gonna coach Nebraska?
- 1:03:30 #WhyNotWisconsin
- 1:06:00 This week's game
- 1:10:45 Donde esta Jazz Peavy?
Max (and a super secret guest host!) review the Badgers' win over Indiana plus preview the Badgers' big matchup against Iowa.
- 1:30 Welcome back Nate Cravill
- 4:15 The Talkaround
- 6:15 The Hornibrook pick
- 8:15 Nate takes all of you arm chair QB's to task
- 12:00 Jonathan Taylor Tailback
- 15:15 Iowa Around
- 17:30 Cephus will be missed
- 20:00 Balky on Cephus' timeframe
- 22:00 Ryan from Chicago on waiting for Peavy
- 24:30 The slate ahead
- 27:30 Iowa Around 2.0
- 32:00 The Defense is good
- 37:00 UR Player of the Game
- 41:45 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max share their takeaways from the Badgers 24-10 victory over the Illini in Champaign
- 2:45 If nobody calls you get no Talkaround
- 4:00 Adam from Darlington on Hornibrook
- 5:15 Wherefore art though Jazz Peavy?
- 12:15 Carl in Grayslake on Brandon Williams on Galloway's Pod
- 19:00 Jim in Greendale on waiting for style points and Chryst the pragmatist
- 22:15 Why use the Dieter play there?
- 28:00 Shocker... Rich says they're gonna lose
- 29:00 Illinois minute
- 33:45 UR Players of the Game
- 43:15 Big games in the B1G
Max is joined by F.O.T.S. Jon from Madison to break down the play of the Badger offensive line thus far. LOOK FOR OUR ILLINOIS BREAKDOWN LATER THIS WEEK.
- 2:15 Welcome back Jon from Madison
- 3:00 David Edwards
- 6:00 Tyler Biadasz
- 9:15 What are the keys to getting off the line?
- 12:30 What goes wrong when pass protection breaks down?
- 16:30 Is a healthy Dietzen the best option at LG?
- 19:30 Is the line not getting off double teams quick enough?
- 23:30 How will the line hold up with the best D Lines on the schedule coming up?
- 28:00 Awkward pauses, youth football and behind the scenes with soccer player Max (since REDACTED)
Rich is on his own reviewing the Badgers' 38-13 win over Maryland and handicaps their playoff chances.
- 1:00 Flying solo
- 5:00 Maryland game is the new Purdue game
- 9:15 JTD
- 10:45 This team is gonna get penalized
- 13:30 The best defense since the arrival of Aranda?
- 18:00 Hornibrook is what he is
- 22:30 Zombie Wisconsin
- 24:15 UR Player of the Game
- 30:45 Big games in the B1G
- 35:30 The Prince of Darkness acknowledges the Badgers could make the playoff... and even that is somehow depressing
- 38:15 A John Settle Retweet!!!
Rich and Max spend what is probably too much time breaking down the finer points of Wisconsin's sloppy 17-9 victory over Purdue.
- 2:30 Jumping to the Talkaround
- 6:30 "The 2015 Iowa game... but the Badgers won."
- 8:00 An Iowa minute... or two
- 12:00 Max's All-American
- 14:30 We know what Shaw is
- 19:30 Continued intermittent Hornibrook discussion
- 26:45 Cephus and Davis
- 30:00 The Groshcat (nickname a work in progress)
- 33:15 False starts are the pee in the Cheerios
- 37:00 The Defense...and Rich cheating on Edwards with Jacobs
- 39:45 Richie Worship!!!
- 42:30 UR Players of the Game
- 45:15 Big games in the B1G
- 53:45 Looking to Maryland