Rich and Max reunite to discuss the surprise addition of Rachid Ibrahim as a graduate transfer and then dive into their thoughts on a defensive All Time "most representative" Badger team
With Rich out due to illness, Max rolls solo and puts together a preview of the fighting Illini.
- 1:00 Rich has laryngitis... tonight is unbridled Max
- 1:30 Welcome Chris Kennedy a Daily Illini alum and sideline guy
- 3:30 Recapping a tumultuous 2016
- 4:00 Airplane view of the program
- 5:15 Lovie's grace period
- 6:30 Recruiting under Lovie
- 7:45 What could make this offense special?
- 10:15 How will the front seven look?
- 12:15 What will fans be encouraged by?
- 14:15 2017 outlook
- 16:30 The long term outlook
Rich and Max are joined by Kyle Goblirsch os Gopher247.com to preview 2017 Minnesota. Afterwards Rich and Max sift through listener mail and reexamine the Ben Bryant decommitment from a different angle.
1:45 BuckAround popping collars
3:30 Kyle Goblirsch of Gopher247 and his notes
4:00 What went into firing Claeys
8:00 When did they decide to move on?
12:00 How will Gophers replace 1st rounder Mitch Leidner?
14:00 What about WR?
20:30 Strengths and weaknesses on D?
27:15 How will 2017 play out?
28:30 What do Fleck teams look like long term?
37:15 Ryan in Ft Worth on improved recruiting at Minny and Nebraska
48:30 Adam from Barrington on the non-Conference games
52:30 Ross from Milwaukee on Orr taking a RS
54:30 Jeff in LaCrosse on the new RS proposal
57:45 Malik Zaire and Ben Bryant thoughts
Joel Nellis, Author of Walk on This Way, joins the show to talk about his book plus give an insiders view of Wisconsin football. Afterwards Rich and Max look at just how hard it is to "make it" as a Wisconsin football walk on.
- 1:30 Max "Gumby" Brusky and his Brewers jersey
- 5:00 Welcoming Joel Nellis who co-wrote "Walk On This Way"
- 6:15 When Joel realized the end of HS wasn't the end of football
- 9:15 What does "hanging on" your first year entail?
- 12:45 What is the biggest adjustment from HS?
- 14:15 Tim in St Cloud on Chryst showing emotion
- 17:15 How does Chryst remember Joel?
- 20:30 Why write the book?
- 27:00 Expectations for 2017
- 29:30 Rich's walk on spreadsheet
Rich and Max are joined by Mike Carmin to get the state of Purdue, discuss the Ben Bryant Situation, and run through listener mail.
- 3:00 Welcome back Mike Carmin from JC Online
- 3:30 What did Darrell Hazel do wrong?
- 7:30 How does the roster fit Brohm's strengths?
- 9:15 Any offensive players to look out for?
- 11:15 How good can the D be under Nick Holt?
- 13:00 How will 2017 play out?
- 15:00 Is Purdue more serious about investing in football?
- 21:30 "It might not be a poop show." - Maxwell Brusky
- 23:30 Ben Bryant... who knows?
- 30:15 Adam from Barrington, IL on Chris Orr
- 34:30 Ben from Chicago on Michael Dieter's upside
- 37:00 Tim from St Cloud on the Badgers schedule
- 42:15 Ty from Nashville on the LB's
Max & Rich open the show with reactions to the 2017 NFL Draft and then review what they've learned about the Badgers through spring.
3:00 Rewatching the Spring Game while mocking the watchability of the Draft
8:00 Max wants to talk draft (sneaks in NIU talk)
16:45 Madison meetup... Northwestern?
22:00 Sam Brodner looked like a RB... or a bigger Dare
27:00 Arrington Farrah, Linebacker
29:30 Isaiah Loudermilk is large
36:30 No kick returners...
37:45 Rich is a cat person! Who knew?
39:30 Is the OL in a bad place?
46:00 🎵 Teach the man 10 plays and let him kill some people 🎶
49:30 Quintez Cephus IS that 2nd WR you demanded
53:15 Max is happy with the TE's
55:30 Everybody's favorite band! Nickelback
58:45 The back up QB situation
1:06:15 What is Chris James?
1:09:00 Feedback on the polo
1:12:30 Send your voicemails and emails... please?!?
1:13:45 You can find Chryst in the club
John Veldhuis of Badger Blitz joins the podcast to give his thoughts on Wisconsin's 2017 spring practice.
- 3:15 A shoutout to the sponsors
- 8:45 Welcome back John Veldhuis of Badger Blitz
- 9:30 What season of Tolzien is 2017 Hornibrook?
- 15:30 Who is backup QB?
- 22:15 Is James just a 3rd down back?
- 26:00 Will Biadasz force the OL to be shifted?
- 34:00 Cephus and the rest of the WR core
- 39:45 How much more will Fumigali be involved?
- 43:00 The DL rotation
- 47:30 How are all the LB's gonna play?
- 55:45 What's going on with Rich's favorite band... Nickelback
- 58:45 Grant from Monona on someone taking a step forward
- 1:02:45 Differences in DC coaching styles
- 1:06:45 Who's returning kicks?
- 1:08:15 Chryst hates the spring game and Rich has a solve
- 1:13:00 Max is excited about this team
- 1:17:30 Paul from Madison
Rich and Max prepare for the final practice of the spring and discuss what they're excited to watch for before the long, quiet summer arrives.
- 2:00 Tax talk... if only Max knew a good tax accountant
- 9:30 Rich resolves to be positive this episode
- 11:00 How Will Sam Brodner look?
- 12:15 Rich wants to see Tyler Biadasz
- 15:15 Max wants to see 5 WR sets
- 17:45 Ty from Nashville on Fullbacks, where Max talks Ingold w/out mentioning NIU
- 20:45 How will Jacobs look at OLB?
- 21:45 PROP Over/Under Jacobs sacks? More carries Ingold or Ramesh?
- 22:15 Which DB's are out there a lot?
- 23:15 Ryan from Chicago on Farrar's role
- 26:00 Who's backup NT?
- 28:00 How does Hornibrook look?
- 30:00 Let's talk Loudermilk
- 32:30 The backup QB's
- 35:45 Rich can't hold back the negativity
- 37:00 Why do the spring game at 6:30 on a Friday?!?
- 39:45 Brian from Middleton asks Rich and Max if something is cool
- 45:00 PROP Heller's mentions of Patterson
- 48:45 Rich is Jon Favreau in Swingers
- 54:15 Paul from Madison
Rich and Max discuss the latest developments of spring practice and reflect on the implications of the failed effort to lure transfer Malik Zaire.
- 3:00 Getting shooshed
- 5:00 The opposite of Total Recall
- 6:45 Ty from TN on the LB's
- 16:00 Kyle still has no bumper sticker?!?
- 19:45 Taylor from Lincoln, NE on this is how it's SUPPOSED to be
- 26:30 TE usage
- 29:00 BuckAround Recommendations
- 37:15 Paul from Madison
Rich and Max look at the first week of Spring Camp. Rich is worried that things are going too well and this will all end in disaster.
- 2:30 Rich tells us about basketball
- 5:00 Tees and Sweatshirts
- 8:00 Ryan from Chicago on the development of Titus Booker
- 14:00 Praise be to Iowa
- 17:15 A Natrell transition
- 26:00 Why can't Rich be happy?
- 30:30 Rich channels his inner Mr Mister... "Take... these broken wings"
Rich and Max get together to hash out their spring practice wishlist and talk Badger recruiting.
- 1:15 A good time had by all at Fatpour
- 7:30 Spring is springing
- 9:30 Things we'd like to see out of spring practice
- 11:00 Tyler from Stevens Point on a LT emerging from the pack
- 13:30 Impact kick returner
- 15:00 OL cohesion
- 17:15 An edge rusher steps up
- 19:00 A WR, not George Rushing, emerges as a number 2
- 20:00 Will anyone join a Man Called Fums and get catches at TE?
- 22:15 Who is the backup QB?
- 25:45 Ben on Bradrick taking a step forward
- 26:45 Jim Leonhard's defense
- 29:00 Tyler in Stevens Point on a safety emerging
- 30:00 Matthew in the US on someone making the leap
- 32:30 Matthew from Whitnall on catchphrases (now w/ Rich sweating)
- 39:00 Crootin
- 43:30 Travis from STL on recruiting vs performance
- 56:00 Paul from Madison returns!!!
Rich and Max project the starting defense for 2017, answer listener mail, and discuss the hiring of Bob Bostad as OLB coach.
- 3:00 Larry the Cable Guy ain't walking through that door
- 6:00 JS Jesse on is Beau Benzschawel good?
- 10:45 Ben in Chicago on Buckaround meetup and the RB's and Danny Davis
- 17:45 Bostad is back
- 21:00 Is Rich Anti Canada?
- 28:00 Returning defenders with the most games played
- 32:15 The DL
- 36:15 The DB's
- 46:45 LB's
- 59:00 Rich serenades the listeners
- 1:00:00 They actually have a little depth and should be good
- 1:01:45 Email 5 things you want to see in the best possible spring practice
Rich and Max start their look at the 2017 Badgers with their offensive depth chart projections plus look back at the 2011 and 2012 recruiting classes.
- 3:00 Sweatshirt hashtag results
- 5:00 Offensive Depth Charts
- 8:30 Running Back
- 14:00 Fullback
- 15:30 Tight End
- 19:15 Wide Receiver
- 29:00 QB, where Rich besmirched the good name of Danny Van Den Boom
- 33:00 Offensive Line
- 43:00 2012 Class review
- 51:30 2011 Class review
- 58:00 Buckaround meet ups! RICH IS DEFINITELY, 100%, FOR SURE GOING TO MADISON!!! (unconfirmed)
Rich and Max discuss the announcement of Jim Leonhard as defensive coordinator, the surprise transfer of Dallas Jeanty, and finish the show with some great listener mail.
- 2:15 Talking about the Super Bowl
- 8:00 Hawking apparel
- 11:30 Jim Leonhard as D.C.
- 14:00 Were external candidates even considered?
- 20:30 Will Tibesar leave?
- 22:00 Transfer, does Dallas
- 29:00 Zach in Tampa on Alvarez leaving the Playoff Committee
- 32:30 Ben from Chicago on Chryst's strengths
- 37:30 Matt from Mequon on what is most likely to derail the Chryst regime
Evan Flood makes his annual pilgrimage to the BuckAround to talk about the Badgers' latest recruiting class.
- 2:00 Let's sell some stuff... SillyYak! Eat there!
- 3:00 Buckaround hoodies and avoiding talk of settling tee bets
- 6:00 Welcome back Evan Flood of 24/7 for the 7th time
- 7:15 How did Danny Davis to UW come together?
- 8:30 The WR group compared to 2016 class
- 12:00 How good is Jonathan Taylor?
- 14:45 Neil in if the lack of a D.C. Impacted recruiting down the stretch
- 16:00 Are the Badgers recruiting to a defensive #brand?
- 19:00 Does Van Ginkel step in and start?
- 23:30 The CB's
- 26:00 Is the scheme helping the CB's?
- 28:00 The Hawkeyes!
- 28:30 Who is the class sleeper?
- 32:00 Can Conan push to start in 2017?
- 33:30 The path to Vanden Boom's schollie
- 37:00 Chryst and recruiting
- 41:15 Show Lackey Steve on low moral fiber and attrition
Rich and Max put a bow on the 2016 season with the latest edition of the Golden Buckys.
- 1:30 Don't expect any fancy editing
- 3:00 A tradition like thousands of others... The Golden Bucky's
- 4:15 Most Outstanding Player: Watt
- 6:30 Offensive MVP: M:Fumagalli R: Ramczyk
- 8:30 Defensive MVP: M: Musso R: TJ Edwards
- 11:45 Unsung Hero: M: Sheahy R: James
- 13:45 Frosh of the Year M: Shaw R: D Edwards
- 15:30 Future Star M: TJ Edwards R: Cephus and P Johnson
- 19:00 Biggest Disappointment M: Wheelwright R: B Benzschawel
- 20:30 Worst Game: B1G Title Game
- 21:15 Play of the Year M: Missouri scoop and score R: Watt pick 6
- 22:30 Game of the Year M: MSU R: LSU
- 25:00 Coach of the Year M: Wilcox R: Gilmore
- 29:00 Where does the 2016 season rank among post Alvarez years?
- 34:00 Prop bet results!
- 38:15 Defensive Coordinator
Rich and Max look back at the 2016 season with Jason Galloway before wrapping the show on the biggest question there is: can Badger Football win a National Championship?
- 2:00 Rich's poetry
- 4:00 Would you like hoodies? Tees? A vague idea of when and how much
- 6:15 Welcome back for the fourth(?) time, Jason Galloway of the WSJ
- 6:45 What was the rationale on Houston and Hornibrook's usage?
- 10:45 QB going forward
- 12:30 The most underrated aspect on offense
- 17:00 Clement's legacy
- 21:30 How did Wilcox put his stamp on the 2016 defense?
- 23:45 Who, besides Musso, outperformed expectations?
- 26:30 Two DL sets
- 28:30 #Noteworthy things from the Cotton Bowl
- 30:00 Steve in Portland, OR on the Lose-Lose Cotton Bowl
- 32:30 Jake in Sun Prairie on 2017 breakouts
- 34:45 Danny in Milwaukee on Team MVP's
- 36:45 Tom of the train on the LSU win and 2017 schedule
- 40:30 SILLY YAK! GO THERE (OR ORDER)! EAT! BE HAPPY!
- 43:00 Does Wisconsin have a shot to win a football National Championship?
Rich and Max dissect the 24-16 win over Western Michigan and look at the B1G's performance in bowl games overall as well as discuss the Minnesota hire of PJ Fleck.
- 1:30 Trailblazers blaze trails
- 4:30 The voicemails
- 8:15 Rich says he was wrong
- 8:45 What this game did for Max
- 10:45 What this game did for Rich
- 18:30 Hornibrook and his two series
- 20:15 Best win of the year?
- 21:45 UR Player(s) of the Game
- 25:15 Max watches the Badgers in the buff?
- 31:00 Big games in the B1G (and beyond)
- 37:45 Talking Minnesota becoming the Flecktones
- 45:00 Talking Bielema and lingering resentment
Rich and Max look ahead to the last game of the season with the Badgers' Cotton Bowl matchup with Western Michigan plus talk about the draft prospects of Ryan Ramczyk and the potential addition of Malik Zaire as a graduate transfer.
- 1:15 Broken glass, everywhere
- 3:00 Nobody cares about the Cotton Bowl and l feel bad
- 5:00 Rich dislikes records as much as awards
- 6:45 Max is going to the Outback Bowl
- 8:00 The no win Cotton Bowl
- 12:15 Why should people watch?
- 16:00 Max tells the tale of Western Michigan and PJ Fleck
- 21:45 Max is getting upset! NIU tirade? Riff? Mention?
- 23:45 Max disparages the MAC. Calls them weak!
- 28:45 Ryan Ramczyk needs surgery... will he now return?
- 32:30 Malik Zaire is the new Russell Wilson... or maybe Danny O'Brien
- 36:00 Would he be an upgrade over Hornibrook?
- 41:30 The Minnesota situation
Rich and Max search for meaning in the Badgers' collapse against Penn State in the B1G Championship Game.
- 1:45 Salt free BuckAround
- 2:30 Year round BuckAround
- 3:45 The voicemails
- 7:15 What happened to the defense?!?
- 10:45 "Shooter McGavin" McSorley and the lack of pressure
- 13:00 Depth on the defense
- 15:15 Angry Dylan in VA on the offense and finishing
- 18:30 Bart Houston played well
- 20:00 Clement had a great game
- 21:30 Peter in Madison on not challenging PSU deep
- 24:15 Where does this rank on the pain scale?
- 28:00 Rich on being a joyless Badger fan
- 31:30 UR Player of the Game
- 37:00 Big games in the B1G
- 43:00 Rich is going home "Go to your HOME Rich! Are you too good for your HOME?!?"