Minnesota retakes the Axe after a 14 year drought. All good things must come to an end.
Rich and Max recount the Badgers thrilling 47-44 overtime win against Purdue
The Badgers dropped to 6-4 after their 22-10 loss at Penn State. Rich and Max analyze where the team can go from here.
Rich and Max review the Badgers 31-17 victory over the Scarlet Knights
1:15 Max is in a dark place
3:45 Rich tells us about negativity
6:45 Yards per play by quarter
9:45 Hornibrook’s performance
24:15 Coan’s performance
30:00 The running game
32:30 What is happening at LT?
33:30 Why didn’t Cruikshank redshirt?!?
35:00 Zach in Roberts on play calling
42:15 This defense is young and improving
44:00 Christian Bell is a DE playing LB
47:00 Ian in Madison on a DL grad transfer and future DL depth
55:00 JT in South Cackalacka on 2019
57:45 UR Players of the Game
Rich and Max wade through the existential crisis that was the Badgers 31-17 loss to Northwestern
2:00 Rich is excited about the potential of divergent thoughts on this pod
4:15 The Talkaround
8:00 Shoutout to the official tailgate
9:45 Conclusions about Coan
11:00 New or original thoughts on the defense?
11:30 UR Players of the Game
14:00 Ryan in Chicago on Groschek
26:15 Jordan in Chicago on holding Chryst accountable
36:15 Heath in Houston on how this game reflects on Hornibrook
41:00 Jonathan in Madison in what happened to Anthony Lotti
44:30 Marty in MKE on the future of the DL
1:03:15 Is losing Cephus and Neville THAT big a deal?
1:11:30 The remaining schedule
1:14:00 Talking Pinstripe Bowl
Rich and Max discuss the state of the offense after the Badgers 49-20 win over Illinois
1:30 If you beat Illinois and no one cares does it make a sound?
2:30 Rich has an unpopular opinion and Max agrees
4:30 Our defense has issues when attacked on the edge
8:45 The secondary
11:30 Rich sings the praises of his golden god
13:00 Chryst calling TO’s
15:45 FINE... we’ll talk about Hornibrook in the context of B1G QB’s
37:00 Hornibrook is the tip of the iceberg though as the offense has not progressed
50:30 Big Games in the B1G
56:30 UR Players if the Game
1:01:15 Prop bets and the hosts poor performances
1:05:15 BuckAround tailgate this weekend
Rich and Max navigate the disaster that was the 38-13 loss to Michigan.
1:30 We do our best work after losses
2:45 There are no silver linings coming
3:00 The Talkaround
7:00 Sarah in NYC on Leonard getting hired away
11:00 The importance of Van Ginkel
14:30 Ryan in Chicago on the potential of the DB’s
17:30 Many people are talking about Alex Hornibrook
25:30 We are NOT changing QB’s
27:15 Matt in Milwaukee on what is wrong with the murder machine and missing Cephus
32:30 How to solve staleness
37:30 What were the coaches doing?
41:30 Where did Taylor go?
43:00 The ST calls
48:30 Some people are gonna be forever out on Hornibrook
50:00 The end of Chryst’s honeymoon
54:00 UR Players of the Game
55:15 Big Games in the B1G
1:01:00 What to watch for the rest of the season
1:05:15 The upcoming Official BuckAround tailgate
Rich and Max discuss the Badgers’ 5th straight win over Nebraska
1:00 The Buckaround returns at full strength
3:15 Nebraska’s D is really bad
4:30 400 yards of offense for Nebraska
7:00 Rich lays the blame at the feet of the D Line
10:15 The hosts believe in the secondary
14:30 The Year of Ray Ball candidates
16:15 The freshman tracker
18:00 Tyler Johnson looks like he is back
18:45 Why can’t Nebraska’s OL pass protect
25:00 The playcalling
29:00 Talking Hornibrook
31:30 Getting Pryor involved
33:00 Jake Ferguson... still really good
36:00 Ryan on where UW could
upgrade the offense
48:00 Paul Chryst’s potty mouth
50:00 UR Players of the Game
51:15 Big Games in the B1G
56:00 UW path to victory versus UM
1:09:00 Bumper stickers on the way
1:12:30 The Talkaround
Rich and Max analyze the Badgers’ 28-17 win over Iowa
1:30 Rich is catching a cold
3:45 The TalkAround
9:00 Max wants to talk about Hornibrook
13:30 Are Badger fans QB expectations off due to Favre and Rodgers?
17:15 Balky is SLC on JT and fumbles
20:00 Media Break: Klatt was good
21:45 Deal and the RB usage
24:00 Is the offense meeting expectations?
29:45 Linemen playing Tight End
32:00 Rich Recites Rules Really Respectfully
33:45 Musical chairs in the secondary
38:15 The DL is bad
42:15 The LB’s are not
44:30 The refs
48:00 UR Player of the Game
51:00 Why is Edwards off the field so much?
52:30 Big games in B1G
1:00:15 Rich is sick and is gonna vent on Urbs
1:01:30 The Guys talk about Ryan Day... but FAIL TO MENTION HE’S FROM NEW HAMPSHIRE
1:03:00 Prop Bet update
Rich and Max discuss the stunning 24-21 upset at the hands of BYU.
2:00 “Our best shows are after losses.”
4:15 The Talkaround
8:00 The energy of the crowd
8:45 A look at Hornibrook
19:45 The WR’s... Danny Davis is really good
21:45 Step aside Hillary and TJ there’s a new player with Rich’s heart (TE talk)
27:00 JT had a good game
28:00 What is going on with the O Line?!?
33:00 Moving to the defense... no easy solves
41:00 Nelson playing young
44:00 Keith in Houston on Special Teams
47:00 A deeper look at the coaching
51:00 Henry in Osh Kosh on play calling
56:00 Carl in Grays Lake on the last TO
1:03:30 UR Players of the Game
1:06:00 Big games in the B1G
1:14:00 Checking in on the Prop bets... we may be looking at some new people hosting
Rich recaps the Badgers 45-14 victory over New Mexico
1:00 Rich flies solo and forfeits the right to say “... and joined as always”
2:45 The Talkaround
5:15 Not a lot to say about the defense
7:30 Welcome back Loudermilk
9:15 The dropoff from Connelly to Orr
11:15 Madison Cone can play
12:30 JS Jesse on the early gameplans
19:00 Chryst didn’t let off the gas
23:00 Tyler formerly of Stevens Point on getting excited about AJ Taylor
25:00 Get ready for 2.8 more years of Rich gushing about Jake Ferguson
27:45 Concern for Dietzen
28:30 The odd play calling at the end of the 1st half
31:30 Matthew in MKE on fair catching kickoffs
33:00 UR Player of the Game... If Krumholz plays... it’s a run
35:30 Rich... RICH... stumps for Iowa
Rich and Max review the Badgers' 34-3 victory over Western Kentucky
- 3:00 The Viewing was better the second time around
- 4:45 The Talkaround
- 7:45 Alex Hornibrook looked better moving around
- 13:30 Groschek was #noteworthy
- 16:45 Taiwan Deal’s playing time
- 19:00 The OL and conspiracy theories
- 26:15 Penalties
- 27:30 Jake Ferguson is gonna be good
- 32:45 Scott Nelson is gone be good
- 35:00 But Zach Baun has the Kung Fu grip
- 37:00 Christian Bell looks vastly improved
- 37:45 The CB’s and DCW’s exit
- 42:30 The DL has no depth
- 49:45 Young guys that jumped out
- 53:45 UR Player of the Game
- 56:30 Big games in the B1G... Max missed his Hawkeyes game
- 1:06:45 An Arrington Farrar explainer
David Jones joins a solo Max to preview Penn State plus Max rolls through the annual bold predictions.
- 1:00 No Rich... he will never get to talk to this guest
- 2:30 Welcome David Jones of the Harrisburg Patriot News
- 3:00 Recapping the 2017 season
- 5:45 The loss of Barkley and Moorhead
- 9:30 What to expect from the defense
- 12:00 The 2018 B1G East outlook
- 14:30 Why does David think Bucky can win the B1G
- 19:15 30 Max minutes back to back
- 20:45 Bold predictions
- 21:00 Mochy on WR yardage
- 23:00 Matthew in MKE on Edwards leading the team in picks and Ferguson TD’s
- 26:00 Tyler Morgan on Deal , the defense and JT YPC
- 30:00 Brian in Daytona on UW vs Michigan
- 31:30 Tom on the Train on a Ferguson breakout
- 33:30 Wiscoinferno on TJ, Hornibrook, winning differently, and the draft
- 36:00 Badger hawk on injuries
- 37:45 British James in Madison on Taylor’s hands
- 38:15 Adam in Braham on Groschek and a TD toss
- 39:00 Wes H on Hornibrook’s 1st Heisman
- 39:30 Mike in Verona in Ferguson
- 40:45 Rich from the pod on INT’s, sacks, and WR yardage
- 43:00 Max from the pod on losing 2 games, romping to a B1G title, and the playoff
Rich and Max enter game week with the beat writer's perspective from Jesse Temple
- 1:30 It’s game week
- 3:30 Welcome back Jesse Temple if The Athletic
- 4:15 Has Hornibrook progressed?
- 9:15 Dunn & Krumholz and their potential impact
- 12:30 Talk about Cruikshank
- 14:45 Danny in Stalis (sp) on other WR’s who could make an impact
- 17:00 How will the carries shake out behind Taylor?
- 19:45 Who wins out at LT?
- 21:15 Should Badgers fans be concerned about the DL?
- 26:00 How many snaps can Olive play?
- 27:30 Where forth art thou Xander Neuville?
- 29:30 Guessing Jake Ferguson’s stat line
- 31:15 The OLB’s are a strength
- 34:15 DCW and the rest of the CB’s
- 39:45 Dave in Brookfield on why the Badgers might not win the B1G West
- 42:00 How will the new redshirt rule play out?
- 44:45 What’s their record?!?
- 50:00 Hawkeye Around
- 55:00 Last call for prop bet submissions
Rich and Max react to the news of the suspension of Quintez Cephus plus discuss latest news from Badger Camp.
- 1:15 The first time we don’t want to be here
- 3:00 Max is just sad
- 4:00 The impact ON the field
- 5:00 The #1 WR is gone for at least the year
- 6:45 Danny Davis gone too?
- 8:00 Playing our the worst case scenario
- 10:15 Settle loves Taiwan
- 15:15 Even worst case this passing game is light years ahead of 2010
- 23:45 DCW in the Chateau Bow Wow
- 26:30 The Captains
- 28:45 Has The outlook for the team changed?
- 33:30 Nate in Dallas on who it is better to lose to
- 42:45 Marty in St Cloud on putting players in the NFL
- 48:45 Jeremy in Green Bay on the unknown quantities at CB
Friend of the Show Andy Schaaf returns with a new set of prop bets. Let's get to 250 entries this year!
- 1:30 Welcome back Mr Prop Bet Andy Schaaf
- 9:30 Non-skill player with a rushing attempt?
- 11:00 Hornibrook scores a TD?
- 12:30 A WR with a 200 yard game?
- 14:00 A game with two 100 yard receivers?
- 15:00 A 5 TD passing game?
- 16:45 A non QB touchdown pass?
- 17:30 A game w/ less than 100 yards passing?
- 19:30 Will the Badgers block a punt?
- 21:30 O/U Badgers missed extra points 2.5
- 23:30 O/U 4th quarter comebacks 1.5
- 25:00 O/U Opponents 300 yard passion games 1.5
- 28:45 O/U Points per game 39.5
- 31:30 O/U Hornibrook yards passing 2999.5
- 34:30 Which TE has most receiving yards?
- 36:00 Which WR has most receiving yards?
- 37:00 Non-RB with most rushing yards?
- 40:00 RB with 2nd most rushing yards?
- 41:15 O/U Jonathan Taylor receiving yards 274.5
- 43:15 O/U What % of Ingold’s rushes will be a 1st down or TD 54.5%
- 45:00 O/U B1G players of the week awards (inc ST) 5.5
- 47:00 Team leader in INT?
- 49:30 O/U True FR who see the field 15.5
- 52:45 Will Coach Bostad tweet this year?
- 56:00 Who does Heller mention more: Hescock, Lyles, Rushing or Patterson??
- 59:30 How many times will Potrykus tweet at Dare Ogumbawale?
- 1:01:00 Darius Hillery cries as Rich says Dare is his all time favorite
- 1:02:45 Will there be a player on opening roster who disappears like Ray Ball?
- 1:07:00 Tiebreaker: How many points will the Badgers score?
Rich and Max have more to say about fall camp. And the sound is a little touch and go at times. Sorry peeps.
- 2:00 Another week to talk camp
- 3:00 All Deron Harrell all the time
- 8:30 Christian in Boston on Matt Henningsen and DL depth
- 14:45 Joe in Tucson on OL recruiting
- 23:15 Logan in Canton on not redshirting Coan in 2017
- 36:30 Steve in Portland on Manuel’s comments
- 48:00 The OL nickname
- 50:30 Prop Bet hype
Rich and Max react to Paul Chryst's press conference to open fall camp and discuss their "things to watch" for the coming month of practices.
- 1:00 Rich is in vacation mode
- 2:15 Max can see the temptation of a 311 tattoo
- 3:30 Kasl retires
- 6:00 Olive to DE
- 7:45 Coaches like Baun
- 10:30 Getting Guerendo on the field and the RB’s
- 14:45 Is there going to be something new with the offense?
- 18:00 A lot of Jake Ferguson?
- 22:30 What does Mullens look like?
- 24:00 The safeties
- 25:15 Amanda on making strides towards the 2011 offense
- 28:30 Would Urban Meyer getting fire alter the B1G season?
- 31:30 John in SF on a nickname for the OL
- 34:30 China Bob on Cruikshank’s ceiling
- 40:30 Borland vs Edwards redux
- 46:15 Prop bet ideas? Send them in
Listener favorite Mike'l Severe returns to preview Nebraska plus Rich and Max talk roster news, Media Days, and debate the best linebacker of the last 30 years.
- 2:00 Welcome back Mike’l Severe from Omaha.com(somewhere in middle internet)
- 3:00 What went wrong with Riley?
- 4:15 What changes with the hiring of Frost?
- 6:30 Why all the roster turnover?
- 7:30 Who to know on defense
- 11:15 How does 2018 play out?
- 12:15 The mid term future for Frost
- 15:15 Let’s talk about Northern Illinois
- 17:30 Moving Lyles to DL
- 20:00 Brodner and Guerrendo
- 21:45 Brett Connors
- 23:30 Weight changes
- 25:45 Max meets Arrington Farrar and Chris Orr
- 29:45 Mitchell in Manitowoc on the appropriate DL concern and Edwards > Borland
- 42:00 Dave in Brookfield on the Gary Andersen hire
- 48:00 Cord cutting
Kyle Rowland joins the podcast to preview the 2018 Wolverines, and then Rich and Max discuss the "Bielema Paradox", revisit bag men, and take a 2nd look at their receiver exercise from episode 228
- 1:00 A less verbose intro... or is it?
- 2:45 Welcome Kyle Rowland of the Toledo Blade
- 3:15 Were expectations in 2017 fair?
- 6:00 What will the offense look like and what are the names to know?
- 9:45 Is the defense gonna be really solid? Better than last year?
- 13:30 Big Ten East Champs or bust!!!
- 15:45 Is this season all about beating OSU?
- 19:00 Max has lower expectations for UM
- 22:45 Steve in Portland on where the losses may come from
- 31:45 The Bielema paradox
- 40:00 Badger Bob on Godfrey’s conclusions in his articles on Bag men
- 45:15 Sactown Andy on the pass catcher breakdown
- 49:00 Buy R Swag
- 50:15 Send us emails
- 50:30 Review R Pod