After a months-long courtship, the BuckAround is finally joined by Dave Heller, Digital Content Manager (and all around good guy) of Fox Sports Wisconsin and Fox Sports North. Dave breaks down the mechanics of covering the Badgers on a day to day basis. He outlines the mechanics of Athletics Communcations departments, where reporters get sources, and how reporters react to being lied to by team officials. Rich and Max close the show with a discussion of the popular "reuturn of the B1G" narrative and some viewer mail surrounding punters (of course) and Max's workout regimen.
- 1:15 Max's grandparents were married 75 years!!!
- 6:00 The Buckaround's Moby Dick... Dave Heller
- 9:15 Access to college athletes
- 15:00 Badger coverage compared to other teams
- 19:15 How UW administration is so good at controlling info.
- 24:45 How does a coach lying impact media relations?
- 27:30 How does a coach being familiar impact media relations?
- 33:30 Narrative arcs
- 35:30 have B1G coaches been upgraded? A retrospective
- 56:45 Listener emails including one on Hans, Franz and Max
- 1:03:00 Wrap up and call for predictions