In what is (hopefully) the first of many installments, Rich and Max are joined by Bill Connelly of SBNation and Football Study Hall Fame to get a crash course in advanced stats and talk about his newest book project. They close the show with some listener mail and talk the hire of Jim Leonhard - something neither of them saw coming.
- 4:00 Welcome SBNation's Bill Connelly
- 5:00 Least valuable stats?
- 6:15 Which stats should be used less?
- 8:00 The 5 factors of S&P+
- 9:30 How did Bill get involved with advanced stats?
- 13:15 Defining success rate
- 15:00 The randomness of being... And the randomness of turnovers
- 17:15 How F/+ combines two systems
- 18:45 Preseason rankings
- 23:00 Accounting for coaching turnover... Or not
- 26:45 A statistical look at Stave
- 28:15 A brief history of Wilcox
- 30:00 Andy in Chicago and the limitations of football stats
- 32:15 Dan in DC and why the NFL is more pass heavy
- 34:15 THE BOOK! BUY IT!
- 43:00 Brin from Madison corrects Rich and Max on QB depth
- 49:00 Keelon Brookins moving back to safety
- 49:45 The Badger coaching all stars
- 52:00 Max went to Cornell? Yet denies his FCS heritage? For shame