Minnesota retakes the Axe after a 14 year drought. All good things must come to an end.
Rich and Max recount the Badgers thrilling 47-44 overtime win against Purdue
Rich and Max discuss the state of the offense after the Badgers 49-20 win over Illinois
1:30 If you beat Illinois and no one cares does it make a sound?
2:30 Rich has an unpopular opinion and Max agrees
4:30 Our defense has issues when attacked on the edge
8:45 The secondary
11:30 Rich sings the praises of his golden god
13:00 Chryst calling TO’s
15:45 FINE... we’ll talk about Hornibrook in the context of B1G QB’s
37:00 Hornibrook is the tip of the iceberg though as the offense has not progressed
50:30 Big Games in the B1G
56:30 UR Players if the Game
1:01:15 Prop bets and the hosts poor performances
1:05:15 BuckAround tailgate this weekend
Rich and Max discuss the stunning 24-21 upset at the hands of BYU.
2:00 “Our best shows are after losses.”
4:15 The Talkaround
8:00 The energy of the crowd
8:45 A look at Hornibrook
19:45 The WR’s... Danny Davis is really good
21:45 Step aside Hillary and TJ there’s a new player with Rich’s heart (TE talk)
27:00 JT had a good game
28:00 What is going on with the O Line?!?
33:00 Moving to the defense... no easy solves
41:00 Nelson playing young
44:00 Keith in Houston on Special Teams
47:00 A deeper look at the coaching
51:00 Henry in Osh Kosh on play calling
56:00 Carl in Grays Lake on the last TO
1:03:30 UR Players of the Game
1:06:00 Big games in the B1G
1:14:00 Checking in on the Prop bets... we may be looking at some new people hosting
Listener favorite Mike'l Severe returns to preview Nebraska plus Rich and Max talk roster news, Media Days, and debate the best linebacker of the last 30 years.
- 2:00 Welcome back Mike’l Severe from Omaha.com(somewhere in middle internet)
- 3:00 What went wrong with Riley?
- 4:15 What changes with the hiring of Frost?
- 6:30 Why all the roster turnover?
- 7:30 Who to know on defense
- 11:15 How does 2018 play out?
- 12:15 The mid term future for Frost
- 15:15 Let’s talk about Northern Illinois
- 17:30 Moving Lyles to DL
- 20:00 Brodner and Guerrendo
- 21:45 Brett Connors
- 23:30 Weight changes
- 25:45 Max meets Arrington Farrar and Chris Orr
- 29:45 Mitchell in Manitowoc on the appropriate DL concern and Edwards > Borland
- 42:00 Dave in Brookfield on the Gary Andersen hire
- 48:00 Cord cutting
Rich and Max preview the Badgers' matchup with Miami in the Orange Bowl, discuss the early signing period, and close the show with talk of the Badgers' changes on the coaching staff.
- 1:30 The boys are back and they are over the loss
- 5:30 Breaking promises
- 7:15 The matchup
- 9:00 Talking efficiencies
- 15:30 Shades of 2009
- 17:00 Will the Badger be able to block?
- 19:00 The Miami schedule
- 23:30 The motivation edge
- 26:15 Orange Bowl predictions
- 28:00 The early signing period
- 41:45 Early entrants to the NFL
- 48:30 Transfers... in?
- 51:30 Tibesar to Oregon St
- 55:30 Leonhard isn't gonna be here forever
- 57:15 Peavy graduates
- 59:00 Order from Silly Yak!!!
Rich and Max break down the finer points of Wisconsin's convincing 24-10 win over Michigan
- 2:00 Rich has notes
- 6:45 The Talkaround
- 9:00 #RollerCoasterQB
- 11:15 What is there left to say about this defense?!?
- 20:45 The emergence of Taylor has made James largely irrelevant
- 24:15 Ben in LA on figuring out Chryst
- 30:30 Was this Hornibrook's best game?
- 33:45 JS Jesse on Hornibrook on 3rd down
- 38:30 Keith in Houston on Nelson letting punts roll
- 45:45 Rich LOVES beating Michigan
- 53:00 UR Player of the Game
- 55:45 Who is the best offense the Badgers have played this year?
- 58:45 Why are people talking about OSU in the playoff?
- 1:00:00 Rich basically quotes my twitter tirades about Badger fans being negative and whining
- 1:02:00 Logan Brown come on down
- 1:07:45 Paul in Madison
Rich and Max discuss the Badger's 38-17 victory over the Nebraska Cornhuskers
- 1:15 Everything's working
- 2:00 ... Except Gary Anderson
- 5:00 The Talkaround
- 8:00 These guys are more obsessed with Tanner Lee than Matt Millen
- 11:30 Adam in Darlington on Hornibrook's limitations
- 20:30 Neal on a Badger QB theory
- 26:15 The run game
- 32:45 Impressive performances on D
- 39:30 Where does this CB pairing rank?
- 46:30 UR Player of the Game
- 49:45 Big games in the B1G
- 1:00:00 Graham Mertz... more like MERKTS!!! ROLL CHEESE!!!
- 1:05:45 Outtakes... kind of
Rich and Max put a bow on the 2016 season with the latest edition of the Golden Buckys.
- 1:30 Don't expect any fancy editing
- 3:00 A tradition like thousands of others... The Golden Bucky's
- 4:15 Most Outstanding Player: Watt
- 6:30 Offensive MVP: M:Fumagalli R: Ramczyk
- 8:30 Defensive MVP: M: Musso R: TJ Edwards
- 11:45 Unsung Hero: M: Sheahy R: James
- 13:45 Frosh of the Year M: Shaw R: D Edwards
- 15:30 Future Star M: TJ Edwards R: Cephus and P Johnson
- 19:00 Biggest Disappointment M: Wheelwright R: B Benzschawel
- 20:30 Worst Game: B1G Title Game
- 21:15 Play of the Year M: Missouri scoop and score R: Watt pick 6
- 22:30 Game of the Year M: MSU R: LSU
- 25:00 Coach of the Year M: Wilcox R: Gilmore
- 29:00 Where does the 2016 season rank among post Alvarez years?
- 34:00 Prop bet results!
- 38:15 Defensive Coordinator
With a resounding Badger win and a surprise upset by the Iowa Hawkeyes, this was possibly the greatest sports Saturday in the life of Maxwell Brusky
- 1:30 Max is happy
- 4:45 Voicemails
- 6:45 The running game
- 8:15 Illinois' defense was... Not good
- 11:15 Hornibrook didn't look good
- 15:45 The defense turning Illini over
- 17:00 Too many chunk plays allowed?
- 21:00 Putting stuff on film
- 21:45 Wilcox using less people on defense
- 23:30 Why are Watt and Biegel on the field so late in a blowout?
- 25:00 Illini offensive identity
- 27:45 Serge Trezy... DB
- 28:30 UR Player of the Game... Still not Connor Allen
- 35:45 Big Games in the B1G
- 36:15 Max Minute
- 39:15 Jake in Sun Prairie on common opponents
- 40:15 Scott in the Northeast on spacing tough opponents
- 43:45 Max is coming to your city... If your city is West Lafayette
- 49:00 Max Minute 2.0
- 50:30 Badgers playoff hopes
The Badgers are 4-0. The Badgers are 4-0? THE BADGERS ARE 4-0!!! Rich and Max get together to discuss Wisconsin's strong start to the season and what it means for the future.
- 2:00 Dads first
- 3:45 The voicemails
- 6:30 Surprisingly chippy
- 10:45 What is Alex Hornibrook?
- 14:15 Brinn from the Scoreboard on the QB switch
- 18:00 Riverboat Chryst
- 19:00 See www.Buckaround.com for Dan from DC on fourth downs
- 25:00 Brett Connors and the DL
- 29:45 The drive at the end of the first half
- 32:30 Why were the starters in so long?
- 34:30 Even Rich can't be negative about the defense
- 36:30 Paper Tigers
- 39:00 Jared from WauKe$ha on the defense in the next two games
- 44:00 Leon Jacobs played a lot
- 47:45 UR Player of the Game
- 57:00 Big Games in the B1G
- 59:00 THERE IS A TEAM MAX DOESN'T LIKE!!!
The end of 2015 - from a BuckAround perspective - is here. Rich and Max hand out their post season awards and close the book on the season that was, but not until they reveal the results of the prop bet competition with friend of the show Andy Schaaf and discuss possible reasons behind the mysteriously quiet (and long!) search for a new defensive coordinator
- 1:30 Putting 2015 in the rear view
- 5:00 Recapping the Over/Unders with the illustrious Amos Schaff
- 16:15 Host Over/Under champ? Max
- 19:00 WHY is there no DC yet?
- 21:45 The Golden Buckys
- 23:15 MOP: Ray Ball... Just kidding it's Schobert
- 25:15 Offensive MVP: Rich: Dare Max: Erickson
- 29:00 Defensive MVP: Rich: McEvoy Max:Caputo
- 32:15 Unsung Hero: Obasih
- 34:30 Freshman of the Year: TJ Edwards
- 37:45 Future Star, Offense: Rich Benzschawel Max: Ingold (NIU bias)
- 39:15 Future Star, Defense Rich: Sagapolu & Dixon Max: Jamerson
- 43:00 Biggest Disappointment: Rich: Figaro Max: Clement
- 45:00 Worst Game: Rich: Iowestern Max: Northwa
- 45:45 Play of the Year: Rich: Wheelwright one hander Max: Rafa's 2nd chance FG
- 49:30 Game of the Year: USC
- 51:45 Coach of the Year Rich: Gilmore Max: Aranda
- 56:00 The end of the #questforfun
Winning bowl games is fun, and making podcasts about teams winning bowl games is also fun! Rich and Max carve out some time to discuss the Badgers thrilling victory over USC before diving into a discussion of the departure of Dave Aranda and what it means for the future of Wisconsin football.
- 1:00 Happy New Year!!!
- 1:45 A new co-host ain't walking through that door!!!
- 2:30 The tinder of podcasts
- 3:45 Voicemails
- 8:45 A microcosm of the season
- 9:45 The 2015 Badgers D... An effort wasted?
- 14:00 Corey Clements (sic) looked okay
- 17:00 Let's back up the Stave praise
- 20:00 Missed opportunities in the red zone
- 22:00 Rich eats crow... Or does he?
- 24:00 Rich turns on Hillary like he stole something
- 27:00 UR Players of the Game
- 32:30 Fare thee well David Aranda and Badger coach pay
- 43:00 A reminder that the Badgers are in the "B" tier
- 45:15 Basketball distracting Iowa fans from their train wreck Rose Bowl
- 54:00 The upcoming schedule
After a one week hiatus Max returns to the show to dissect the Badgers' uninspiring 24-7 win over Purdue. They look at another stellar outing from the defense, talk about the relative performances of Walker Williams and Micah Kapoi as they played side by side, and what it means to get a "Good" Stave.
- 1:00 The one... The only... Married-er Maxwell Brusky
- 4:15 Hard hitting Purdue analysis
- 7:45 The offense isn't good
- 11:00 Plenty of good Stave
- 16:15 The snake bitten RB's
- 18:15 #TeamWalker vs #TeamKapoi
- 25:15 Purdue is a good MAC team but NOT on the Northern Illinois level
- 26:15 Defense was awesome
- 28:00 The 0-4-7
- 30:00 The starting OL
- 33:30 The Alec Ingold Experience
- 35:00 We join our regularly schedule Hawkeyearound already in progress
- 37:00 UR players of the game
- 41:00 Big games in the B1G
Rich and Max close out the offseason (hallelujah!) with their final thoughts on the Alabama game. They discuss where each team has advantages, how the Alabama quarterback situation could affect the game, and what a Badger win could mean in the larger picture. The show closes with a series of major statements from Max...well...you've just gotta listen to this one.
- 1:30 Rich's "interesting" observation
- 4:00 Alabama's QB concerns are the new Wisconsin's OL concerns
- 10:00 Are you nervous about this game?
- 13:45 The blueprint to a Badger win
- 16:00 It's about the players
- 19:15 Rich discusses what has been haunting my dreams.. Derrick Henry
- 21:45 Worry about the Badgers OL
- 24:30 The WR rotation
- 26:30 Where did Nick Thomas go?
- 28:00 Does Aranda want a bigger defense?
- 30:15 You're not gonna get Rich to be optimistic!
- 31:30 Lane Kiffin's tendencies
- 33:15 What is an acceptable result?
- 36:30 Max's bachelor party AND Iowa game reference AND NIU game reference... If you listen to nothing else LISTEN TO THIS!!!
- 40:30 Would You Rather?!? Badgers Edition
With fall camp opening today, Rich and Max lead a listener-driven preview of Badgers fall camp. They talk about development on both lines, the questions at wide receiver, and various other areas of concern going into 2015. Just don't forget the slogan for 2015: The #QuestForFun
- 1:30 #QuestForFun
- 5:30 Fall Camp is here
- 7:30 The Paul Chryst press conference
- 13:00 Where will Tanner McEvoy end up and the impact
- 17:37 Iowa Heisman reference
- 20:40 Thoughts on a couple RS Freshmen
- 28:00 How will the backup RB shake out?
- 31:00 Will Chryst help Stave emerge?
- 36:30 Drew Meyer is the punter
- 37:15 Alec James is an Adonis
- 39:00 Will the changes in position coaches be noticeable?
- 42:45 Hawkeyearound
- 46:15 Hokie Magic?
- 48:30 Will Kyle Penniston have an impact in 2015?
- 50:45 How much will Kellen Jones play?
- 52:00 Over/Under on next UW admissions academic issue
- 54:15 Gaglianone's personal #QuestForFun
- 56:00 Northwestern is next... We promise
Making his 3rd appearance on the show, Logan Larson (a.k.a. Space Coyote) returns to the podcast to dissect the Badger spring game. He handicaps the backup quarterback race, evaluates the talent available at wide receiver, has high hopes for the defensive line and explains why Leon Jacobs is one of his breakout stars for 2015. All the while fending off Max's best efforts to turn this podcast into a preview of Illinois.
- 1:30 It's all Badgers tonight
- 6:00 Making his THIRD appearance... Logan Larson aka the Space Coyote
- 7:00 All B1G breakout team starting... Wait for it... Joel Stave
- 12:00 The competition for the backup QB
- 19:45 What's the Deal with Taiwan?
- 24:45 Some surprise standouts on the OL
- 30:15 Are UW WR's going to be awful?
- 32:10 TE's appear solid
- 33:45 Is the DL the most improved unit on the defense?
- 37:45 Let's talk about Leon Jacobs... A lot.
- 46:20 Will the defense perform better against top offenses?
- 55:00 Where for art thou Austin Kafentzis? (spoiler: it's Nevada)
- 1:20 Hobby talk
- 4:20 New Home Owner Jesse Temple
- 5:20 Back up QB battle
- 8:55 The RB situation and Deal vs Dare
- 11:30 Listener question and a discussion about the WRs.
- 17:30 Is the Wisconsin OL a concern?
- 20:20 Status of the DL
- 22:40 Are the LB's actually a strength?
- 24:40 Wisconsin Defense 2015: More Pressure and Stuff
- 26:20 Tanner Talk
- 28:30 The Best Question
- 31:45 Who will return the kicks?
- 33:15 The coaching staff and the media
- 38:50 Prop bets
- 46:30 MELVIN Gordon's honesty
- 52:15 Wrap up
Making his annual spring practice pilgrimage to the BuckAround, B5Q's Luke Mueller joins the podcast to give Rich and Max an update on what he's seeing with Paul Chryst's Badgers this spring. He breaks down the progression of the quarterbacks, if Dare Ogunbowale can be the #2 running back, and what the new faces at inside linebacker bring to the table. He even finds time to give some hot punting takes!
- 1:30 We are the Giving Tree
- 3:30 Can YOU help with the archives?
- 6:00 Return of the Jedi, Luke Mueller
- 8:05 Bart Houston looks solid. Not at punter…at quarterback!
- 11:45 Compare and contracts Alex Hornibrook and Austin Kafentzis
- 14:15 Let’s talk Dare, Deal and Kinlaw
- 18:55 Who will catch the ball?
- 23:30 New coaches getting Settled…get it?
- 27:50 The Lines
- 35:10 Inside Linebackers: what do we have here?
- 40:55 Trezy…I think, and the last line of defense
- 46:50 Punting. It’s not pretty folks.
- 50:15 Why the lack of story lines?