Rich and Max examine Wisconsin's dominating if uneven 59-10 victory over the Aggies
After a one week hiatus Max returns to the show to dissect the Badgers' uninspiring 24-7 win over Purdue. They look at another stellar outing from the defense, talk about the relative performances of Walker Williams and Micah Kapoi as they played side by side, and what it means to get a "Good" Stave.
- 1:00 The one... The only... Married-er Maxwell Brusky
- 4:15 Hard hitting Purdue analysis
- 7:45 The offense isn't good
- 11:00 Plenty of good Stave
- 16:15 The snake bitten RB's
- 18:15 #TeamWalker vs #TeamKapoi
- 25:15 Purdue is a good MAC team but NOT on the Northern Illinois level
- 26:15 Defense was awesome
- 28:00 The 0-4-7
- 30:00 The starting OL
- 33:30 The Alec Ingold Experience
- 35:00 We join our regularly schedule Hawkeyearound already in progress
- 37:00 UR players of the game
- 41:00 Big games in the B1G
With Max off this week celebrating his nuptials, Rich runs the roost with a VERY special guest host that long time listeners should know (and fear). They talk about the resurgence of Joel Stave, Paul Chryst's game management, Rafael Gaglianone's inconsistent but ultimately triumphant day in Lincoln.
- 2:00 Welcome Skinlamp Nate to the pod!
- 3:00 Let's talk Stave... Is he better?
- 10:00 Are the WR's any good?
- 18:15 Jazzed about Peavy?
- 19:15 Are the Badgers a passing team now? (Spoiler... NO!)
- 27:30 Thoughts on Jafa and 2 pods per week
- 31:30 ANOTHER solid performance by the defense
- 36:45 UR player of the game
- 42:30 "Want to know something interesting about Purdue?"
- 44:15 Are the Badgers better off finishing 2nd in the West this year?
- 49:00 Tune in next week to hear all about Iowa, Northern Illinois and Darius Hillary!
Wrapping up the last conference opponent on the Badgers' schedule, Rich and Max are joined by Bob Asmussen of the News-Gazette. He discusses the return of Wes Lunt, the rise of Jihad Ward, and what the future holds for Tim Beckman at Illinois. They close the show with a discussion of the latest news from Badger Practice and some listener mail
- 1:30 Tee shirts have shipped
- 2:45 Welcome Bob Asmussen of the News-Gazette
- 3:15 Illini 2014 recap
- 3:45 What is Wes Lunt's ceiling?
- 5:15 How will the WR position play out?
- 6:30 Why did Aaron Bailey transfer?
- 7:30 Who is behind Ferguson at RB?
- 8:45 Who will start on the O Line?
- 11:00 Are the DB's a strength?
- 12:30 Are the LB's even stronger?
- 15:00 Will the DL improve?
- 16:15 Explaining the coaching turnover
- 18:15 Is this staff more cohesive than in the past?
- 19:00 How has the administration handled the off field stuff?
- 20:45 No quit in the Illini
- 22:00 2015 outlook
- 24:45 Rich has Illini thoughts
- 27:00 Where do the Illini fall in the Chicago radio pecking order?
- 28:00 Rich and Max go to camp... Not really but they talk about it
- 33:00 Pumping the brakes on the McEvoy hype
- 35:00 Pronunciation with Dr Watson
- 36:15 Listener Iowa punter reference
- 38:30 A look at the OL
- 42:00 Two pods next week
Buckle up people because it's officially here! The doldrums of the pre-spring practice off season has arrived and Rich and Max have officially set sail for conjecture land with their depth chart projections for the 2015 season. With a striking amount of agreement between them they are able to put together a consolidated depth chart for the two of them while still finding time to discuss killer whales, arm wrestling, and Billy Dee Williams
- 1:30 We're in the mood to talk
- 6:50 RB: Clement followed by others
- 14:20 FB: Where we have agreement
- 20:00 TE: A lot of familiar faces... And some new ones
- 33:15 OL: The position group with the most question marks
- 46:00 WR: Who will be opposite Erickson?
- 56:45 QB: It's gonna be tough to unseat Stave
- 1:03:00 Farewell from conjectureland
Rich and Max sift through the still smoldering embers of the Northwestern game and try to answer the burning questions surrounding UW's offense, specifically a seeming QB controversy and just what's with this offensive line. Also, was the defense really THAT bad? Also, the first winners of the @JSComments message board trivia contest are revealed!
After a record shattering performance against Bowling Green, Rich and Max breakdown the highlights - and significant lowlights - of the blowout victory. They talk about Melvin Gordon's triumphant day, the importance of Dare Ogunbowale's emergence at running back, the impressive showing by the defense, and even find time to dissect Max's drunken tweets, play some message board trivia, and discuss the finer points of knitting a purse during a football game. As always, it's an action packed and informative show.
Message Board Trivia challenge:
Below are four statements. Three of these were actually made on message boards; one was made up. Reply in the comments with your guess as to which one is the false one. The winners get our never ending respect.:
- Bart Houston is the type of QB who would just thrive if thrown into the spotlight. Probably the best pure passer on the roster, no fear.
Anyone else a bit disappointed in what we are seeing from Clement so far?
Dare should get 10 touches a game, he shows more explosiveness than Clement.
McEvoy is like Pryor, miller types in that he can throw enough to be a very good qb.